cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this a scam or ???? Bit confused

zedingrove
Grafter

Is this a scam or ???? Bit confused

I get these emails offering free stuff etc, and most seem fine... But this particular one does not make sense
NOTE: All you need to do is buy MyPCwash full version software for only 55p and recieve a free 16GB Sandisk USB flash drive (value £15).MyPCwash is extremely easy to use, just enter your details and download our software. MyPCwash is 100% protected software from a secure server.MyPCwash is now ready to scan, debug and correct all errors.

Am even hesitant to open the link provided.
Where is the logic?
9 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Re: Is this a scam or ???? Bit confused

I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

MyPCwash?  Huh?  sounds like the sort of software, EVERYBODY just can`t do without...  I mean to say.... do you really want to have a dirty PC in your house?  Cheesy
a bit like the upsurge in "hand car wash" sites... (minimum about £5.00) when you can do it yourself for nothing,
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

It doesn't sound like a very profitable scam if they're only going to make 55p BUT if they ask for credit/debit card details to charge the 55p then how do you really know how much they're going to debit until you get your statement? Answer - read the small print:
Rates and Services:
The user pays £0.55 and receives a license code that applies to a trial period of 3 days. After the trial period, the trial membership is automatically renewed and converted to a full membership unless cancelled. Renewal of a membership is charged to the user's credit card with a onetime fee of £6.80 and £29.60 for every 60 days subscription period. The subscription may be cancelled by either party, to terminate by the end of the current subscription period. All subscriptions are renewed automatically until you choose to cancel it (see cancellation conditions below).

I'd take Sprite's advice.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

There are a lot of sites that offer things for pence that are sometimes worth pounds but amongst the pages and pages of conditions you are agreeing to some form of monthly payment from your card and if you miss that bit will not discover it until your statement arrives and the bank tells you that the next payment will also be made before it can be stopped.
Remember the old and often repeated saying, " If it sounds too good to be true then it usually is "
Also remember many intelligent people have forgotten this and as a result have lost a lot of money or ended up with unnecessary aggravation.
St3
All Star
Fixes: 2

Quote from: ZedinGrove
I get these emails offering free stuff etc, and most seem fine... But this particular one does not make sense
NOTE: All you need to do is buy MyPCwash full version software for only 55p and recieve a free 16GB Sandisk USB flash drive (value £15).MyPCwash is extremely easy to use, just enter your details and download our software. MyPCwash is 100% protected software from a secure server.MyPCwash is now ready to scan, debug and correct all errors.

Am even hesitant to open the link provided.
Where is the logic?

ZedinGrove you ask some numty questions sometimes........
Win 10
i7 7700k
GTX 970
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Quote from: walker23
It doesn't sound like a very profitable scam if they're only going to make 55p BUT if they ask for credit/debit card details to charge the 55p then how do you really know how much they're going to debit until you get your statement? Answer - read the small print:
Rates and Services:
The user pays £0.55 and receives a license code that applies to a trial period of 3 days.

And I bet that'll report a load of fictitious viruses so you carry on with the subscription.
Windows XP antivirus all over again.
zedingrove
Grafter

you ask some numty questions sometimes

Numty (urban dictionary) with reference to a person, being  an idiot, stupid or a ******* nerd.
Perhaps you meant numpty? Because if you meant the latter, then regardless if wrong is a personal attack to another member.
Out of interest have you read other posts  (this is a question)?
Oh and I might not get all the facts correct and right all the time,
but I never use a word incorrectly.
St3
All Star
Fixes: 2

i can see this might have upset you sorry Smiley
Win 10
i7 7700k
GTX 970
zedingrove
Grafter