cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there no respect for the deceased?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Is there no respect for the deceased?

I just spent quite a while typing a supportive message to Gary in his thread about Angela. I hit post only to find the thread has been obliterated. Why has it been removed?

So we had three fairly recent members giving him a hard time - so what? Gary has been here since 2007 and used to be very active. There are no rules (AFAIK) that say requests for help / assistance are banned in chit chat and for sale and wanted ads are allowed so WHAT IS THE PROBLEM? 

Even Chenks was supportive and tried to assist. Granted it may not have been what Gary wanted to hear but it was still support.

RIP Angela.

@Midnight_Caller I am sorry to hear of your loss.

I am somewhat shocked to be honest!

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
6 REPLIES
Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

Re: Is there no respect for the deceased?

Because there is a time and place for everything..... and this is not it?

Presenting such subjects for public invigilation here is not really the way to go about it and very few here I would imagine have 'known' the poster for anywhere near as long as you have.  

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

i wouldn't say i was supportive, i merely asked some questions.
however, my initial thoughts were that this is not the place to be begging for money for any particular event.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

I agree with 7up I saw the post earlier and was just looking for it to respond. I have known Midnight Caller for several years on these Fora and he is a deserving genuine case. I would appreciate posters to reserve their comments if they are based on very superficial knowledge when faced with other posters who have several years experience and knowledge of the background. 

To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

Fair comment, but this medium lives in the present and is not governed by past experiences much as we might like it to be. Can we transfer real time emotion to such a transient and "superficial" platform as this and expect sympathy and understanding? Up to a point maybe, but that would be about it. 

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
St3
All Star
Fixes: 2

When i posted a reply i didnt see anything bad that anyone posted, i added that its abit of a personal thing to add on public forums and that i didnt think it was the best place to post it. No one has been nasty about it from what i can see, chillout man

Win 10
i7 7700k
GTX 970
Fixes: 124

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav)

While we share the loss Gary has experienced the moderating team felt that such a thread as was posted was not best suited to these forums and we took the difficult decision to remove it. Gary has been informed privately of our reasons.

A post has also been removed from this thread and the thread is now locked

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still