Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the world destabilising?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Is the world destabilising?

I think so.

• Europe has started to fall apart since the brexit vote.
  • The UK is crumbling and Sturgeon seems to want to accelerate it.
  • America has been backed into a corner with two of the most dangerous presidental candidates in history
  • Putin is gaining power, poplarity and military hardware - Satan 2 coming into service, new tanks...
  • Syria has not been dealt with using peace keeping forces as we once would have done
  • Europe seems completely unable to do aqnything useful except rob the uk government and demand we take in anyone they don't want

It really isn't looking great from my POV.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
9 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: Is the world destabilising?

The answer may well be.... "Yes"... but meantime.... stop worrying about it... there`s naff all you can do to change it..

best to get on with your life, as best you can,,.....  enjoy every day as if it were your last...  you only have one life...

but at least, you will die happy ! ! ..

Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

Few would argue that liberty, human rights and even democracy are under threat.

Here in the UK we do not have to look far, it's right under are noses yet we are blind to it. We are restricted to what we can say by the PC Police, corporate clout carries more weight than government, and parliament is about to steal sovereignty from the democratic will of the people.

It's the calm before the storm and rather than weather watching, we are all smart phone watching as world order gets sucked down the plug hole.

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Of course the world's destabilising, mostly because nobody is standing up to say "No, that's not right", for fear of offending someone...

Luzern
Pro
Fixes: 2

Scientifically it's unstable too 

Grin

Otherwise I agree, everything seems a mess. Problem is that it's people, who make messes (you and me inc.). It'll be like that to the end of time, unless we are changed.

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Community Veteran

Luzern wrote:

It'll be like that to the end of time

Nah, the end of humanity will happen long before the end of time itself, seeing as time is a linear constant and we're just fleas on a dog's back... Grin

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

If you look back over the centuries there have been few times when the world has been stable and that did not last very long.

Wars, disease, famine and a host of other things faced past generations and this period of time is no different.

You need to consider the important things in life such as family, friends and your health and get out of each day as much pleasure as possible, no good bothering about global problems you are not in a position to change them.

Constantly worrying about things outside your control can have a negative effect on those around you.

Most people prefer to be with people who are happy and be a pleasure to be with rather than the doom and gloom merchants who can leave you feeling depressed.

Note: The above are general comments and not aimed at anyone in particular.

Smiley

Minivanman
Hero

So very true, and when you consider how long dinosaurs roamed the earth humans are the new kids on the block - or as you so succinctly put it, 'fleas on a dogs back'.

We are but a burp in time - and a smelly one at that!

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Community Veteran

CO2 levels have gone above the 400 ppm - the supposedly point of no return for reversible climate change.

(If you believe that sort of thing) - see https://www.co2.earth/

Community Veteran

It's reversible, after all, once upon a time the earth's atmosphere was methane, CO2, sulphur, chlorine, etc., and it changed to be an oxygen-nitrogen-CO2 atmosphere that presently sustains us, it'll change as it sees fit, and there's naff all we can do about it... Smiley