Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is so much of what he says true ?

Infinity
Pro
Fixes: 2

Is so much of what he says true ?

If a bit un PC in the way he says it.
A unique ability to put his foot in it! The wit and (sometimes not very wise) wisdom of Godfrey Bloom
A selection of Godfreys' Bloomers...
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2386544/Godfrey-Blooms-unique-ability-foot-The-wit-wise-wisd...
13 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Re: Is so much of what he says true ?

I think a lot of people agree with much of what he says but not the way he says it, if he applied a bit of common sense and presented these points in a reasonable way he would get a lot more votes.
Community Veteran

The BBC
‘An anachronism. Imagine if you had to buy the Daily Mail every day, and if you didn’t, somebody came around with a baseball hat and bashed your head in. That’s what the BBC is doing.
‘If you don’t pay for the BBC, regardless of whether you watch it, they will come and take away your furniture. It’s absolutely crazy, and well past its sell by date. On Christmas Eve last year, there were 24 programmes on BBC2 and 20 repeats. The controller is paid something like £400 k a year. No-one can convince me that you should earn that for putting on repeats of Dad’s Army, however brilliant that show is.’
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2386544/Godfrey-Blooms-unique-ability-foot-The-wit-wise-wisd...
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Finally someone sees the BBC as the mob it really is. I can't understand how I've seen it this way since being 10 years old and no-one else seemed to be able to.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Godfrey Bloom for Prime Minister...He's wasted in Europe!!
Damn, this guy hits the nail on the head . Ok, occasionally he's a bit 'off centre', but the majority off the time he's spot on.
Quote  " ‘If you’re a fit, unemployed young man, you should take up any job that is available. But if there are no vacancies, and if you’re getting £150 a week on the dole, then you should be doing good for the community in some way. Such as turning up at a local depot for the council to give you jobs to do: streets to sweep or old people to help across the road.
‘But instead, we debase and devalue these people and they go into a spiral of dependency.’

Genius- No!!.  Pragmatist- Yes!!
Community Veteran

Someone somewhere probably thought that this would put a nail in UKIP's coffin.
This publicity will have done them nothing but good.
Saying what most people are thinking hasn't done Boris Johnson any harm.
Community Veteran

Quote from: billnotben
Saying what most people are thinking hasn't done Boris Johnson any harm.

Exactly.
Why can't we have more down to earth normal MPs with this sort of common sense?
CaptainFantasti
Grafter

Quote from: Sprite
The BBC
‘An anachronism. Imagine if you had to buy the Daily Mail every day, and if you didn’t, somebody came around with a baseball hat and bashed your head in. That’s what the BBC is doing.
‘If you don’t pay for the BBC, regardless of whether you watch it, they will come and take away your furniture. It’s absolutely crazy, and well past its sell by date. On Christmas Eve last year, there were 24 programmes on BBC2 and 20 repeats. The controller is paid something like £400 k a year. No-one can convince me that you should earn that for putting on repeats of Dad’s Army, however brilliant that show is.’
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2386544/Godfrey-Blooms-unique-ability-foot-The-wit-wise-wisd...
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Finally someone sees the BBC as the mob it really is. I can't understand how I've seen it this way since being 10 years old and no-one else seemed to be able to.

The BBC is one of Britain's greatest achievements.
This man is a fool.
Having said that, politically, he's not a fool as he's trying to appeal to the cretins who think the BBC is some sort of leftist organisation.
I bet if everyone who says "Scrap the Licence Fee!" had to pay £1 for every programme they watched that was broadcast on or made by the BBC, they'd pay more than the cost of the Licence Fee!
Community Veteran

Quote from: CaptainFantastic

Paedophiles being let loose on school kids and then covering it all up for decades?
Top Gear now at six episodes per series and just one series per year? Don't get me started on the number of vehicles and caravans that are serviceable that they trash at out expense. Sure knackered old bangers are fair enough but some of the vehicles they trash are still in good condition.
Doctor Who series being split into two and screened at opposite ends of the yeart to try and fool people into thinking they're still getting a proper series?
Those are just the ones at the top of my head. If you call those achievements then you're as mad as those in power. No government corporation should be providing state sponsorship of child abuse like the BBC has.
After all the brownies that have hit the fan from the BBC recently CaptainFantastic, you might want to reconsider your views.
198kHz
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

Oh but they do,Sprite.
TVLR
Not young enough to know everything
Community Veteran

and thanks to an annonymous member by PM I have another wonderful point of appreciation for the BBC - the huge bonus's and payoffs that are kept nice and quiet.
Thats another to be proud of too right?  Sad
Quote from: 4C
TVLR

By eck, there really is a website for everything! Thanks for the link  Wink
Community Veteran

This man is a fool.
Having said that, politically, he's not a fool as he's trying to appeal to the cretins who think the BBC is some sort of leftist organisation.
I bet if everyone who says "Scrap the Licence Fee!" had to pay £1 for every programme they watched that was broadcast on or made by the BBC, they'd pay more than the cost of the Licence Fee!

You have missed a word, what you should have said is, The BBC WAS one of Britain's finest achievements, sadly like many other great achievements is has been destroyed by greedy and in some cases incompetent people. Others have already identified some of the problems with the BBC and similar mistakes were also made in areas such as manufacturing where we were once world leaders but now work for firms owned by other countries.
Despite this MP's still do not have the ability to learn and continue spending or giving away our money on irrelevant things whilst ignoring the suffering that millions in this country are going through.
jim:green quote fixed mod:end
198kHz
Seasoned Pro

Quote from: 4C
TVLR

By eck, there really is a website for everything! Thanks for the link  Wink

You're very welcome.
A couple of interesting blogs -
http://tvlicensingwatch.blogspot.co.uk/
http://watchkeeperslog.blogspot.co.uk/
Razer
Grafter

I couldn't access your first link (TVLR) for quite some months until now. It was blocked by FireFox because of some sort of malware that had been appearing on the forum, apparently. Good to be able to access a good site once again.
EDIT:
Damn it, my mistake. I've just realised it wasn't the one you linked to. It's another - BBC Resistance (tvlicensing.biz), and that one is still blocked.
198kHz
Seasoned Pro

Google doesn't seem to like it either (see attached).
Incidentally, the second link above should have been http://tv-licensing.blogspot.co.uk/ - the two sites confusingly use the same background and font and have similar names.