cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is "Film4" available on Freeview?

tsphillips
Grafter

Is "Film4" available on Freeview?

Is the TV channel Film4 available on Freeview - and, if so, where? I can't find it on my TV. The Channel 4 website says Film4 is on Channel 15 on Freeview. My on-screen electronic programme guide, on the other hand, says that channel 15 is "abc1" and when I select channel 15 there is no sound or picture.
12 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Is "Film4" available on Freeview?

It is on there, although you will need to re-tune your freeview box as some of the multiplex allocations have changed.
ABC1 hasn't been on the air for nearly 2 years!!
Community Veteran

It's channel thirty-something round here. Always been available since it started.
Correction. 15 now! Works fine (Crystal Palace transmitter)
Community Veteran

Yes, Film4  is channel 15 on Freeview.  It's currently showing 'Departed' - great movie.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 21

Do a complete rescan of your box. Quite a few channels hav shifted multiplex since ABC1 was on.
tsphillips
Grafter

Thank you all for your messages. I have done a complete re-scan and now receive Film4, on channel 15.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

like recently Fiver was on 36, now on 32 and Create and Craft goes to 36 July 1st,  so do a rescan at least once a month
Community Veteran
Fixes: 21

Fiver has been on LCN 30 for a week or two now. No sign of Create and Craft on 36, not listed on DTG or Freeview sites, no date given on their own website, still billing on Ideal World (LCN 22).
I see Quest (LCN 47) are billing programmes from 1000 today. Don't know if this is the first day, not looked for the last week.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Quest is programmed as a fishing show, but screen just says coming soon go to WWW.questtv.co.uk also Virgin 1 +1 has got slot 35 Setanta is now ESPN on 34
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

From Wikipedia:
Following failed launch of Quest on Freeciew early in 2009
"It was later revealed that the launch of Quest had been delayed until the fourth quarter of 2009. [8]
The Freeview EPG currently shows the channel as starting on July 1st 2009, on 01/07/09 the date of the supposed " launch" the caption hasn't changed so the launch will still be Q4 2009."
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Quote from: pierre_pierre
like recently Fiver was on 36, now on 32 and Create and Craft goes to 36 July 1st,  so do a rescan at least once a month

I have Fiver on 30 as listed here.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_terrestrial_television_in_the_United_Kingdom#Television_channel...
I have never heard of Create & Craft.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

yep correct I was to lazy to look at my list and was doing it from memory
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Create and Craft is one of the off shoots of Ideal World, a company based in Peterborough, they have at least four programs on Satellite.  C&C do mainly card making.  the SWMBO prefers the output from QVC better, Cant prove it but a couple of years ago got defrauded on my Credit
Card, the only firm that had the datails used was Ideal World, all the public facing is done from Mumbai.
SWMBO attends a card class fairly local to me, the teacher now does a lot of selling and presenting on Ideal World and also to card shops, she used to be Landlord at a pub and did the classes in an outbuilding , she went on a shoping trip to Rotterdam, saw some items she liked and asked if she could get them in the UK, answer was no, but if you want to and can get a place on UK TV he would set her up, the rest is History.  Her first show in Jan about four years ago was a two hour show and ALL her stock went in 20 mins, Now she has A big warehouse Full a staff of 6 and a big house
Pic 983 a selection, the Nos are the Ideal World catalogue number
The Board Room & Class Room 988
Classes now reverted to her house as no room left in warehouse Cool