Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is our world a simulation?

Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

Is our world a simulation?

Don't know about the rest of you but this sort of stuff fascinates me and goes a long way towards supporting my long held views as an agnostic bordering on atheism. 

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/oct/11/simulated-world-elon-musk-the-matrix

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
41 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Is our world a simulation?

Your world, and mine, is entirely in your head, and your head is a sophisticated computer, so the answer may well be yes! Who knows what's real? 

Community Veteran

Minivanman wrote:

Don't know about the rest of you but this sort of stuff fascinates me and goes a long way towards supporting my long held views as an agnostic bordering on atheism. 

You would possibly enjoy reading this...  

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/happiness-and-the-pursuit-leadership/201510/what-is-reality

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

What a load of Twaddle....  7up. knows that, for a fact.... his medical problems weren`t simulated... they were real...

sounds like some nerd (s) have got together a weirdo idea to put forward to some financial institutions, to ask for backing to prove their theory..

N.B.  for "backing" read " gravy train for life  "   

perhaps they will be asking the flat earth society to joint them to give them more credibility...

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

I prefer Douglas Adams Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy version of reality where Slartybartfast designed the Earth for the mice and particularly enjoyed doing the fjords in Norway and the dolphins left saying thanks for all the fish!
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Community Veteran

And the answer to the ultimate question to reality and existence an all that is 42
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Community Veteran

Fixes: 47

Is that a double post I see above or is it the same post in two alternate realities.

Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

I think my coding must be buggy
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Community Veteran

And is it alternate or alternative?

Minivanman
Hero

Reminds me of that book by Oliver Sacks - 'The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat'

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Seems to me a number of people exist in a dreamlike state, ie: Day dream.

As for the world being a simulation, shutter sums it up nicely as twaddle.

The more outrageous the claim the more likely some people are likely to believe it, some folk will believe anything.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Bit like these people who tell you they have been here before and had a previous life as a roman centurian, or other person who lived centuries ago.

Note to be outdone thefe are even those who claim to have come back a number of different times.

What I have never come across is someone coming back from the future, quite possible if the world is a simulation. ?

This topic must be one of the daftest things I have read on the forum .

Smiley

Minivanman
Hero

Well if you consider how fast our ability is expanding to go beyond know what is real or not then the simulation hypothesis is an entirely valid concept. Crikey, I even have trouble telling a genuine air filter for my car from a copy! 

Minivanman
Hero

"This topic must be one of the daftest things I have read on the forum"

Quite right