cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it wasteful to:-

Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

Is it wasteful to:-

buy a large bottle of ketchup at a lower price than the smaller bottle, knowing that you will NOT finish it?
E.g. I was looking for some last week, I could buy a large bottle in Lidl for about 70p, a small bottle in Asda was 75p.
It maybe wasteful but it is more economic!  Wink
8 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Re: Is it wasteful to:-

Ketchup IMO doesn't really go off it just matures a little so i don't see why you'd not finish it?
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

It gets runny/watery after several months in my experience. Maybe just needs a good shake though.
Fixes: 125

Wasteful - probably.
Sensible - most likely Wink
One has to be very careful about pricing as many a bargain ain't wot it seems.
e.g. 30 mixed weight eggs in Tesco currently £3.75 where as 15 everyday value is £1.25

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran

I have trouble getting through 6 eggs never mind 30!
It's the usual with the bogoff offers, if it has a use by date, and I can't freeze it then I am unlikely to buy it.
I also notice that Aldi prices are increasing slowly, e.g. the (lovely) multigrain bread was 85p then 89p then 95p now 99p. Tesco have one (almost as good) @£1. Since SHMBO gets 10% it is now a no brainer to buy the more expensive loaf <shock>
Fixes: 125

Doesn't take long for me and the missus (mainly me) to get through 30 eggs. I love them with almost any meal - always asking for her to stick an egg on it  Cheesy

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Aren`t they eggstreeeemly bad for your health, in excessive quantitiy? 
Steve
Pro

Bloated feeling, smelly rifts, and blocked anal passage? I hope they were ' free range '
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Surplus ketchup makes a great base for barbecue sauce, particularly slow cooked pork ribs. Add some soft brown sugar, herbs, spices, maybe some wine vinegar and you are well on the way.
Cook ribs wrapped in foil for 4 hours in a slow oven then coat liberally with the sauce and finish under a hot grill. Prepare for sticky fingers and arguments over the last rib.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.