cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it true that typing google into google will break the internet?

timlake
Grafter

Is it true that typing google into google will break the internet?

I heard from a reputable IT manager  Smiley
16 REPLIES
geewizz
Grafter

Re: Is it true that typing google into google will break the internet?

Damn you! I went and tried it and now the entire internet has been deleted from my hard thing. Sad I can't get online now and I hold you personally responsible.
Grrr!
timlake
Grafter

It's ok, I have a copy of the internet in my megadrive, i'll download it to your cpu Grin
Plusnet Alumni (retired) orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

***Did you know?***
Stuck packet errors can be resolved by removing the network cable from the back of your PC and shaking it over the bin until all of the stuck packets have been dislodged?
geewizz
Grafter

Thanks Tim. Do you need me to do anything at this end while you do the pair-to-pair thing?
Orbrey, how do I check my PC for stuck packets. There's a bit of brown paper protruding from one of the slots in my PC and I've often wondered if it was a stuck packet. I know my Mum tried to send me a cardigan by email. Could that be it?
Plusnet Alumni (retired) orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'm not sure about the paper, it may be a stuck packet but the cardigan is also quite likely. You can check for stuck packets by shaking the PC over the bin as posted previously - they look a bit like fluff, but make a more solid and satisfying thunk as they land.
geewizz
Grafter

I followed your instructions and dislodged a brown paper bag, two plectrums, a compact disc, a mobile phone and what appears to be the remains of a small rodent. It#s amazing what sort of stuff you can download by mistake.
Thanks for your help. My PC is now running much faster and doesn't make those grinding noises. I might try and clear my desktop using the same technique with the monitor.
timlake
Grafter

Last time I cleared my desktop I couldn't see into my computer anymore.  Tech support said I should put the monitor back on the desk
hadden
Grafter

Could I ask that no-one break the internet before 5 past 5  Smiley
I'm just going to attach myself to an email (as per RFC1437 ) and go home.
However, if someone does manage to break the internet before I get home, there's no need to feel concerned.
Just in case things go wrong, I usually CC myself to my laptop.
Naturally I will be leaving my laptop on my desk as it would be ridiculous to try and attach that to an email.  Roll eyes
In case anyone is interested, although it is out with the scope of that above RFC, I have previously tried attaching myself to a forum posting, but it was rejected by the swear filter (note to self... think pure thoughts).
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

***Did you know?***
There is a far more environmentally sound way of recycling printouts from laser printers than sticking them in the office recycling bin.
If you swap the live and neutral on the printers power cable you can feed the printouts back in to the printer's output tray, the print is removed and pristine paper is returned to the feed tray. Best of all is that the toner is also recovered for re-use!
The one problem I've found is if you've scrawled over the printout as I send to do, although the print gets removed the scrawlings don't so it's best to do them in pencil so that you can rub them out.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
craigyoung
Grafter

I finished the Internet last night. 
A picture of Bill Gates pops up when you reach the final page.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

In case anyone is interested, although it is out with the scope of that above RFC, I have previously tried attaching myself to a forum posting, but it was rejected by the swear filter (note to self... think pure thoughts).

I tried to attach a picture of Borat in one of those moments yesterday and Chilly said I was being rude and deleted me, or did he flush me down the loose loo
Community Veteran

Quote from: craigyoung
A picture of Bill Gates pops up when you reach the final page.

Bill Gates doesn't believe in the Internet.
I have a copy of the original edition of The Road Ahead, signed personally by his Billness in my presence, and it's not in there!
(the later editions with it in are allegedly fakes produced by Google)
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Sorry if anyone found the internet a bit noisy earlier I was giving it a clean with the vacuum cleaner. Then I fixed a few bits of it up with the cordless drill
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
techguy
Grafter

Anyone heard of that new antivirus
It turns your floppy into a hard drive  Grin