Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it that time of the month?

jab1
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 5

Is it that time of the month?

OK, before I get shouted at, this is VERY tongue-in-cheek Wink

Just been catching up on here and I have noticed a large number of posts where various contributors have taken umbrage over seemingly trivial points. I know we don't all agree all the time -in fact if I could be bothered, I'd post more argumentatively sometimes - but some of the petty squabbles on here don't do some peoples reputation much good.

Is it possible to get back to friendly discussion - please?

John
25 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 27

Re: Is it that time of the month?

I'm sorry @jab1 but what gives you the right to make such a sensible suggestion, I find it shocking that you can apply such logic and reason. Grin

jab1
Seasoned Pro

Well, I'm so sorry if I upset you. Mook, but sometimes, sensible suggestions work - even on this forum. Grin

(Not that I'm saying it will this time, though)

John
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

@Mook  Yeah...  I agree.....     @jab1  can I join your "polite posting" club.  or am I not eligible because of previous convictions...Embarrassed

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

@jab1

Some people might even find the title of your post offensive !

Wink

jab1
Seasoned Pro

@shutter - you're welcome Wink -  from what I've seen previously of your posts you qualify anyway.

@gleneagles True, but some people will find offence in anything, Smiley

On a more serious note, though. I appreciate some subjects are contentious, but there just seems to be a general increase in aggro at the moment. This stopped me posting in our local forum a while back, because I was fed up of seeing the same people attempting to silence anyone with a different point of view - or ignoring those who pointed out their mistake - with supporting evidence.

John
Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

.....and I find tongue in chenks, sorry, tongue-in-cheeks offensive!

But yes, you are right and it does get a bit silly at times but you must admit it can make for interesting reading and of course, it makes a nice change from chewing over Brexit.

Peace brothers (or sisters) or anybody called Loretta. Thumbs Up

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

@Minivanman  Would that be Loretta Swit ? ?   

Cor.. I was in love with her for ages... Smiley

Community Veteran

I agree with minivanman.

Some people have strong feeling about particular topics or have a more serious nature whilst others simply want to argue a point without having any facts to back up their point. It then wanders off into irrelevant or personal comments and everything goes downhill. Fortunately we have moderators who lock posts at that point.

It can be a bit annoying when an interesting post gets highjacked by personal comments and then locked, I guess we may have lost a few people on the forum as a result of that. I also notice that some people who were regulars on the forum with a high level of posts rarely comment these days, is it because of these problems ?

Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

@shutter

Ah no, mine was Loretta from Monty Python.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFBOQzSk14c

Lorretta Swit and her hot lips though.... Wink

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Luzern
Pro
Fixes: 2

If I'm thinking of what you're thinking of, when we had kids and wanted certain exercise, OH referred to her having a boil, to calm me down.Grin

She was talking this morning about two meetings, one on second Tuesdays the other on second Wednesdays. This month the second Tuesday follows the second Wednesday! Why couldn't those calendar makers keep it simple!Ticked offCrazy3

I do hope this post passes the pointless politeness test.

Anyone who disagrees will go on my ignores! So there!

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
jab1
Seasoned Pro

@Luzern - the post certainly passes the pointless test, I certainly haven't the foggiest idea what you're on about, or who you are aiming at Smiley.

Because I can't understand the post, I don't know whether I agree or not, so shall we just agree to differ?Huh

John
Gel
Pro
Fixes: 10

Community Veteran

I thought obscene photographs were banned on the forum ?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Minivanman wrote:

.....and I find tongue in chenks, sorry, tongue-in-cheeks offensive!

But yes, you are right and it does get a bit silly at times but you must admit it can make for interesting reading and of course, it makes a nice change from chewing over Brexit.

Says it all really Lips are sealed

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!