Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it just me...

Fixes: 125

Is it just me...

...or does anyone else find tap water tastes so much better when ice cold? Cool

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

26 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: Is it just me...

Tap water kept in the fridge overnight tastes "Flat" to me.... however, the best "taste" of our tap water, is after I fill the kettle first thing in the morning, and then have a glass full of fresh, ground cooled, water
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

No idea about it from a temperature POV but it does taste better if its a day old as I think the chlorine evaporates.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Filtered and Ice cold works for me, Title of the thread? Is It just me? Groundhog day?
Edit, It's just me Crazy
thejudge
Grafter

I can't drink the water straight out of my cold tap because of that 'municipal swimming pool' taste (and smell).
I fill a filter jug and put it in the fridge, and it's OK afterwards.
Fixes: 125

I used to filter the water when I lived in London but I don't feel the need to now.
Does anyone actually enjoy luke-warm water (filtered, bottled, tap)? To me it simply tastes vile!

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Fixes: 47

My kitchen window faces south and on a sunny day the tap gets very warm.
If I don't run the cold tap for a couple of seconds before putting the glass under it I get tepid water and it's yucky Tongue
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Infinity
Pro
Fixes: 2

My tap water "Up North, West of the Pennines" tastes just fine, especially as it's not been through 8 Southerners !
And now they want to nick it, keep your hands off.
No chlorine taste, just run for a couple of seconds to cool.
And left by the bed, in a glass, replaced daily, but a good tasty wake up in the night.
(I shine a very low powered home-made torch through the glass)
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Jug water filters are just fine...except, do change the filter cartridge regularly. We have one of those fridges with a water dispenser, which I used to fill from a filter jug. Mysteriously and for no apparent reason Mrs P started to suffer badly from a very dicky stomach, for which everything else other than the filter jug was blamed and checked. Until one day I realised that I hardly ever drunk the water from the fridge dispenser, whereas Mr P drunk a lot of it.
Because the fridge dispenser takes up a fair amount of room in the fridge door there wasn't room in it for the filter jug as well. So the jug used to sit on the kitchen worktop and filled when required. Unfortunately the jug also used to get the full sun at certain times of day, I was also I admit less than systematic about changing the filter regularly.
The result was that the water in the jug was being contaminated and I was very slowly poisoning Mrs P.
When it was discovered, the whole jug and fridge dispenser were discarded, the dispenser and tap assembly was completely replaced (easy do-it-yourself job) The dispenser is now only filled from the mains tap. We have not returned to using a filter jug at all. Best of all, Mrs P's stomach problem cleared up almost immediately.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
annerimmington
Grafter

Quote from: thejudge
I can't drink the water straight out of my cold tap because of that 'municipal swimming pool' taste (and smell).
I fill a filter jug and put it in the fridge, and it's OK afterwards.

Same here.  Filtering does remove some of the nasties in tap water.
nadger
Rising Star

What's water, hick  Crazy
Fixes: 47

Something used to abuse single malt with Smiley
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
randpwar
Grafter

I have a friend who is occasionally invited to ‘official’ single malt tasting events and he tells me that it is perfectly acceptable to add a little water when tasting but I have to agree with strat…..it feels like sacrilege to me
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Quote from: Mav
Does anyone actually enjoy luke-warm water (filtered, bottled, tap)? To me it simply tastes vile!

I don't actually enjoy water full stop - whether its from a bottle or the tap it's all disgusting to me. The only reason I drink it as my main drink now is because I had some teeth start to crumble a few years back and I'm now the proud owner of 5 fillings... plus an order from the dentist "No more sugary drinks". I still manage a hot chocoate once a day Wink I have cut down a lot though and following the tooth pullers instructions I drink water only for my main drink. One teaspoon of sugar with my cereal instead of 3 etc.
Weird thing is I regularly used to have dreams about my teeth crumbling and falling out. Since going to the dentist and having them fixed all that has stopped - it's as if my body was actually trying to communicate with me in my sleep  Shocked (Yes I know that sounds a bit hippy and weird and I was just as shocked by it)
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Quote from: Mav

Ours comes out of the tap luke-warm and carbonated, direct from a spring on the Aquifer, it gets filtered into a small holding tank, then from a submersible pump circulates through the house. Although we get the water for free, we still need to purchase an "extraction licence"  which states the water is for home consumption, not for resale.