Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Vettel Champion?

nadger
Rising Star

Is Vettel Champion?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/20531638
Interesting turn of events for our local team.
7 REPLIES
Fixes: 47

Re: Is Vettel Champion?

A yellow light on one side of the track and a green flag on the other Undecided
A difficult call.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Heloman
Grafter

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/20541589
"FIA believes Sebastian Vettel has no case to answer"
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Just read through heloman`s linky.... and it seems a bit stupid to me, to expect someone who is hurtling along in traffic at over 180mph, to spot a flashing light on his dash double check it with any marshall putting his green flag away and track conditions before deciding to whether or not he is in the right place to be able to overtake.... ... a much easier, and safer, way would be to use "on the track" markings, like zig zag lines, at the side of the track,  similar to the warning signs at pedestrian crossings... for the areas where they can overtake "legally"...
as a test... next time you are out in a car with a passenger, ask them to occasionally ask you "what is the last sign you passed"....  and see how many you get right... and you will be driving at less than half the speed of Vettel...
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

You are missing the point - the ban on overtaking was due to an incident and wasn't permanent
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

According to the original post linky...

They are "evaluating footage" that appears to show Red Bull's Sebastian Vettel making an illegal overtaking move in Sunday's Brazilian Grand Prix

As I understand it, the "illegal" overtaking  was defined by the presence (or lack of) flashing light/greenflag at the point he overtook.... 
The point I was making that at 180mph it would be easier to "define" the safe overtaking area if it were just ONE thing, and not confused by having a choice of three different signals to indicate the safe area....
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

They are all supposed to be the same - so multiple chances of seeing it.
The fact that they weren't is a major screw up
I was actually referring to your suggestion
a much easier, and safer, way would be to use "on the track" markings, like zig zag lines, at the side of the track,  similar to the warning signs at pedestrian crossings... for the areas where they can overtake "legally"...
nadger
Rising Star

I see that matter is now closed  Smiley
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/20552525