cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is STIG really michael schumacher

scootie
Grafter

Is STIG really michael schumacher

i cant see bbc paying the amount michael schumacher would want for each track day and  i think todays show was just to pull more viewers in
24 REPLIES
Fixes: 104

Re: Is STIG really michael schumacher

Stop spoiling it for those of us watching it later Cry  Lips are sealed  Tongue
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Could we have a "don't care" option?
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 55

Nope but I reckon he did the lap in the Ferrari FXX judging by the way he murdered the previous fastest lap times
pierre_pierre
Grafter

have you seen the blog about traffic http://community.plus.net/blog/2009/06/21/who-is-the-stig/  Not who it is
Community Veteran

Quote from: Oldjim
Nope but I reckon he did the lap in the Ferrari FXX judging by the way he murdered the previous fastest lap times

Agreed

Not normally a fan of Top Gear but that reveal was great television.The reception Schumacher got was tremendous, you could tell the audience was thrilled too. Then numpty Clarkson came out with all his usual inane questions. I thought Schumacher looked rather uncomfortable during the interview.
Lurker
Grafter

Did you notice they had moved the tyre wall for the lap though?
The part where the car blasts past the tyre wall at crossover and 'shakes' the camera with the air displacement showed clearly the marks on the ground where the tyres 'used' to be.
Not certain that it would be worth 7 seconds, but since its a massively fast car, and that's the fastest part of the course, it might have helped make a significant difference of a few seconds look even more spectacular perhaps.
Community Veteran

I had never heard of the FXX before the program last night, I am guessing Ferrari would only allow somebody like Schumacher drive that car for insurance reasons. Hence this meant Schumacher had to be 'Stig for a Day'.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
Fixes: 104

what will it do for sales of Fiat Chroma?
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran

Don't know if it will affect (Fiat) Chroma sales, but Fiat is the parent company of Ferrari, so MS wasn't taking to many chances there. Would hardly expect him to say he drives an Audi or BMW (which he would probably much prefer)
Edit: PS. its apparently Croma without an "h" Isn't there a Japanese car called Chroma?
2nd Edit: Did see Top Gear last evening, and like others here doubt MS is the Stig, and that the BBC wouldn't be able to afford him on a regular basis. There have been continual rumours over the years that there are several Stig's available.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran

Incidentally, whatever happened to Top Gear Dog?

pcoventry
Grafter

By the sound of that show the vet got hold of it  Grin
I never used to like TG but then one day I watched it and it made me laugh so much I just got hooked. I used to be so glued to the screen. In fact I noticed that when Simon Cowell was doing the test lap the car's reg number swapped half way through the lap.
So I told them and they couldn't explain why. Did he crash it?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 55

A spokesman for Top Gear confirmed Schumacher had been The Stig during the Ferrari circuit, where he completed a lap of the Top gear track in 1 minute 10.7 seconds in a £1 million Ferrari FSX – seven seconds faster than ever before.
But the spokesman added that the identity of the driver at other times would remain "a mystery".
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/news/5601379/Top-Gear-who-really-is-The-Stig.html
itsme
Grafter

I was reading one of the Sunday papers about an ex F1 driver now  selling his house, don't know whether it was to fund his son's racing career, and he was 1 of 4 stigs in the last few years
barky
Grafter

there are lots of 'stigs' - typically the manufacturers test drivers
the ferrari fxx that went round the track belongs to Michael Schumacher .... don't think any of the other fxx's have ever left Italy