Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Plusnet under Attack ?

Infinity
Pro
Fixes: 2

Is Plusnet under Attack ?

Since the opening up of the Forums to anyone, customer or not, there does appear to be quite a lot of Negative Feedback, from Posters who have low Post Counts, and/or only joined recently, despite stating they have been Plusnet Customers for ages..... !!

It almost looks like a series of attacks, from an outside source / sources, in order to denigrate Plusnet ISP....

Are these posters actually checked to see if they are Plusnet customers, or is it just Trolling?

I would hope that when such derogatory comments are made by Newbies, they are indeed checked to see if they are Plusnet Customers ?

I am these days an infrequent visitor, so as I look through the Posts since my last visit, there does seem to be a common theme...

Just an occasional Positive post from a Newbie.

Has anyone else noticed this ?

22 REPLIES
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Is Plusnet under Attack ?

if they are there's a good chance its from the parent company rather than a competitor, if BT retail could roll up all of PlusNet under the one company and put everyone on the same fixed price packages they provide they would make double the money per year for zero effort and save on running /staffing costs to boot... all In the name of improving service(s) for customer's and finish what they started around a decade ago when they acquired PlusNet....

or

disgruntled (ex?)customers  that somehoe feel if they create enough negativity then the company will magically disappear ....

a competitor on the other hand would run the risk that it would be caught and then face dismantling as an improper business, likely folded into the company(s) that it attacked

just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

I had noticed and had similar thoughts, but in many cases Plusnet staff have picked up and pursued the initial post and responded often referring to account details?

A number of the low count newbies are caused by the User re registering after forgetting their old forum password.  E.g my count is low because due to a problem with the old SMF  forum I had to register afresh and then in the swap over only the then current username / password was migrated.

Still it is a potential problem worth reviewing.

M

Community Veteran

Is there really a lot of negative posts?

If I was to add my own (negative) thoughts on this I would say it's down to the new forum.

Generally when customers have something they are really fed up with they will post it no matter how difficult or time consuming it is. But to post something positive, or to help, or just to chat, the forum has to be a fun and easy to use and easy on the eyes.

This forum isn't that. So percentage wise the complaints are up (I would imagine) as this forum is attracting far fewer posts from customers and plusnet staff. On the old forum it was often remarked about the number of (chat) posts happening past the midnight hour. I can't see that happening on this forum.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Disgruntled customers or even "non" customers, who use the forum, to complain, in the way the O.P. has "perceived"..... are just a minority, compared to the huge number of customers that PlusNet has.... and, still advertising, is gaining more "new" customers every day.... therefore there will be a lot of "newbies"... ( By their very nature, will also have low post counts)... who do not understand the basics of how an internet provider works to make the connections.... therefore, it is inevitable, that they will be the one`s that post with bad feedback, if something does not go according to plan....

You do not see long standing customers ( who usually have high post counts)  giving bad feedback, ( except me, occasionally,...... ! ! !. ) on the "feedback " forum... why ? because they are reasonably happy with the service... and know how to go about getting complaints sorted without resorting to " bad mouthing " on the Feedback Forum...

The O.P. seems to link "low post count" with "new customers" as though they should have higher post counts before posting any kind of feedback, and as such should not be recognised as "proper customers"..

"low post count" =  " not really a customer..... just some TROLL out to cause trouble. " therefore, their post should be removed to "save face" for PlusNet. ...

It is, I suppose, a kind of "satisfaction" factor, to be able to post poor feedback, about ANY service... and gives the poster some kind of retribution for the supposed failures of the company...

However... how many of the thousands of " satisfied " high post count customers have actually posted some GOOD FEEDBACK,... when the service has warranted it...  ?

VileReynard
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 9

However... how many of the thousands of " satisfied " high post count customers have actually posted some GOOD FEEDBACK,... when the service has warranted it...  ?

Very few - but it isn't easy to make contact with Plusnet (and hasn't been for some years). Recent customer service performance hasn't exactly been great.

Community Veteran

@VileReynard  but the real reason is, that, generally, people do NOT give any feedback, if the service is satisfactory...   but are very likely to complain, on a forum, to "vent their spleen" so to speak,..

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

I agree most customers will come here to moan , rather than give thanks , the regulars here myself included are in the Minority Sad

BUT what i do notice is that most new posters keep coming back with the same PN mistakes , would have thought PN would have concentrated on the regular complaints first as it looks bad

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Community Veteran

Yeah... I agree.... there is probably 10 "most common" points of complaint, that keep recurring with new customers... and PN should have addressed these problems, as a "group" ... eliminating those 10 most common would reduce the number of complaints, and also (probably) be able to reduce the number of staff dealing with them.. thus reducing the waiting time for more serious problems to be dealt with...

Wink

Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Infinity wrote:

Since the opening up of the Forums to anyone, customer or not, there does appear to be quite a lot of Negative Feedback, from Posters who have low Post Counts, and/or only joined recently, despite stating they have been Plusnet Customers for ages..... !!

From my POV it's been going on for years - wverytime i ever looked in the feedback section there were tons of new posts from people ranting about the service and most of them only ever seemed to join the board in order to grumble.

It is of course possible that something is going down but if BT wanted to shut down PN to absorb it they'd have done it a long time ago (IMO anyway).

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

and in the interests of balance I have my own business and know that people only ever spread the word when it's bad news. Looking through a lot of the complaining posts there are some which on face value appear to be an over reaction to something simple and usually at the BT end. Plusnet can only do so much but unfortunately the infrastructure and servicing of is out of their control. Unless you want to see PN vans knocking about in which case the price of your BB is only going one way ^

Infinity
Pro
Fixes: 2

Infinity wrote:

It almost looks like a series of attacks, from an outside source / sources, in order to denigrate Plusnet ISP....

Are these posters actually checked to see if they are Plusnet customers, or is it just Trolling?

I would hope that when such derogatory comments are made by Newbies, they are indeed checked to see if they are Plusnet Customers ?

I am these days an infrequent visitor, so as I look through the Posts since my last visit, there does seem to be a common theme...

Just an occasional Positive post from a Newbie.

Has anyone else noticed this ?

I see there are a lot of negative posts from complainers with low post counts recently, many today !!!

Trolls with nothing better to do on a wet Bank Holiday weekend ?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 27

It does appear to be quite odd if you ask me, and if you don't ask I'm telling you anyway! I've just seen a reply to a post from a user with a complaint both of whom have single post counts. There is, to my nose a distinct odour of fish about a lot of these posts. I may be wrong, Plusnet aren't perfect but it is odd how the individual in question created an account simply to post negative comments regarding Plusnet and to sympathise and agree with an already negative post.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, I know that, but me thinks that a lot of these posts are... let's just say suspect.

Community Veteran

Mook wrote:

but it is odd how the individual in question created an account simply to post negative comments regarding Plusnet

That seems perfectly reasonable to me. I don't know the post in question but maybe their complaints have been blanked / fobbed off on the phone and chatline. This is their last shot across the bows. Maybe they are thinking at least now I can see my complaint and so can everyone else.

Fixes: 47

A lot of people have been customers for a number of years and not joined the forum until they have a problem to complain about.

Therefore they will be new forum members with a very low post count.

Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation