cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Plusnet getting better or worse?

mentalist3d
Grafter

Re: Is Plusnet getting better or worse?

I've found PlusNet to be really good so far, no complaints whatsoever, in my old home I was a customer of (dare I say it) Tiscali, and there service was average, but customer service was abysmal and unfortunately I am having to deal with them again as my mother has had no internet access since the 22nd October on an error 721 (their end) and so far not one single response from the support staff other than their auto-replies  Angry
PlusNet might be getting a new customer soon  Grin
scootie
Grafter

I give praise when its desevered and raise hell when thats deservedand you all know am like a dog with a bone when theres a problem  Smiley . ive post in the testiomanals section abit before unlimited was launched. (do i get a gold star, you can keep it thoe if its gold plated)
Most my fustration theses days is that back from when i first signed up for BBYW products to unlimited being launched i didnt have any issues with the network full stop.
But i feel since the launch of unlimited the network is steadily starting to crumble, am not saying it's all the extra bandwidth on the network at fault but back in bbyw days i had nothing but praise for the traffic mangment (it just worked to spec back then) now i find each day is becoming a huge battle with the traffic mangment. ie after geting the xbox dashboard streaming sorted ive found today that not one single vid on there appears to be in the gold queue anymore and hence dosent work and theres no way am setting my hardware up to go through captureing the xbox traffic yet again.
Any body remember if the 0x60 gold plated queue even existed at the start of the launch of bbyw, i think it didnt because that queue is the pain of this network today and if it was about back in the day it shaw didnt cause the  Angry in me back then for some reason.
I cant remember the last time i raised a ticket or phoned up to report any problems as the stock replys you get on tickets really get me hot an bothered when you keep re reading your reply before sending to insure its plain as day what the issue is and you know how its to be solved and all you need from the cs agent is to press a button and they dont press it and reply with a script that is ment for a complete diffrent issue (enter steam coming out ears sound here) and i certainly dont want to wait the responce time that is quoted these days for my return serve in the game of ticket tennis.
Have to see what the unoffical cs is like when god has left his desk for the last time Sad
To some it up i feel at the mo PN is a one dip biscuit being dunked in a cuppa and its falling to bits slowly, where before all this we need growth and lots of it quick rubish came in PN was the SAS of biscuits, asking to be dunked some more (dont sue me peter kay)
Whats the point of all this massive growth at the expense of old customers having to think very hard before refering people here now. it appears that PN is on that tipping point now of leeching all those extra 50,000 customers its gained (est from looking at the customers connected and downloading graph from before and after the cough tiscalifaction)
this is regards customer growth and not ticket replys, tortoise and the hair plusnet  Wink
You can wake up now thats the end of my post  Grin
James
Grafter

Re:Is Plusnet getting better or worse?

From my perspective, people will *always* complain - I'm a perfect example of this.  Just ask my colleagues, apparently it's because I'm southern.  People will far less often thank someone that they don't know for doing something like replying to a ticket.  Am I going to thank O2 for answering an email from me?  Of course I'm not.  Am I going to complain if they mess up my Internet connection?  You bet I will.
Fixes: 175

Thank you James for removing interleaving on my broadband.
I was happy with my connection before and am now even happier.
No complaints from me Smiley
Edit: If everyone did what I've just done above the forum would be clogged up as I'm quite sure there are far more satisfied customers than dissatisfied ones.

Customer and Forum Moderator. Windows 10 Firefox 64.0 (64-bit)

scootie
Grafter

is it a case of plusnet setting the bar high with there support here on the forum that when we have to use the ticket and phone support we feel its not its best where  we are actualy getting the same level of support if not more than what othre isp's give, but not the top notch support you get here and from james calling you up randomly  Wink (sure as hell dont get that happening from other companys)
Community Veteran
Fixes: 20

If someone from outside, wanted to find out about plusnet, and saw the number of rants and raves against the number of testimonials. they would get the impression that PN wasn`t any better than where they already are... Undecided
My point I was trying to find out, was, why ? Why not say "thank you ", to someone for answering an email... I always do, when they have written to me, but not necessary in the "testimonials"...  Wink
If you have had the good fortune to have been helped by someone, even a "faceless" one from some department, it is gratifiying for them to know that you appreciated their efforts,
I guess it must be laziness rather than ungratefulness that more people don`t post testimonials... so if you have had some good service, then why not go and boost their ego, and also boost the number of Testimonials..?  Smiley
scootie
Grafter

ive not allways been a grumpy broadband user http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,73815.0.html
see what you mean thoe shutter, getting on for year since i posted that and its still in the top half of the second page (will its top of the pops after rearranging james sky dive)
mentalist3d
Grafter

I usually always say thanks when I've received any help as manners doesn't cost anything so I always try to give thanks where thanks are due Smiley
Before signing up for PN, I did check the forum first, both the testimonials and rants, reading through the rants though, there was only a couple of legit rants (constructive criticism) where other rants which you could tell the OP was just angry and blowing of steam (and could therefore be ignored as a negative for PN). Although there is less testimonials, the quality was higher and seemed genuine.
The fact that PN staff seemed active on the forum and the forum itself is quite active with everyday users, and also the fact that they let the negative feedback remain on the site for others to see was what finalised my decision to join PN. This forum and the friendliness of the members here is a big asset for PN to sell their services as it promotes a good openness from PN and takes away the corporate face from the company which other providers hide behind. So far my experience has exceeded my past experiences with other providers so I am quite happy with the choice I've made Smiley