cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Plusnet getting better or worse?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Is Plusnet getting better or worse?

Move this if you think it is in the wrong place. !
Just checked out the top of the forum index page....
Testimonials...... THREE pages Smiley

Rants & Raves..... TWELVE PAGES  Cry

Hmmm!    Roll eyes
22 REPLIES
Fixes: 125

Re: Is Plusnet getting better or worse?

Could it be that the majority only post when they have a grievance?

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

It could be that support are being snowed under by lots of calls from people who won't follow the advice given and still then complain about their speeds? Roll eyes
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Community Veteran
Fixes: 21

Tongue in cheek, I can see where you are coming from on that one John, but no, it's not really related. A lot are due to PN's "problems" but a number are down to the joke of BT's systems, just watch out for a rant from me later today or tomorrow, when I have time!
jmd
Grafter

I think it is because people are more likely to show their unhappiness than their pleasure in how their broadband operates!   Unfortunately people would rather complain than praise...........
N/A

jmdlp is absolutely right. People tend not to say anything if all is well but will readily complain if it is not.
Also, broadband is such a fickle product to supply as there are so many variables, including the user's knowledge and computer setup.
Fixes: 47

This is true but the general feeling when browsing the forum is that PN do have problems and customers who have grown used to a reasonable speed are complaining at the current situation.
622MB pipes falling over ( not PN's fault ) doesn't exactly help either. Roll eyes
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

That sums it up quite well really, but to make an analogy, consumers buy a product and expect it to do what it says on the tin. If it does, then they are happy, if it exceeds expectation then praise may be forthcoming, but otherwise comments may only be forthcoming when asked for.
The trouble happens when the consumer hasn't read the tin properly, or where the product isn't doing what it says on the tin. In the latter case and the context of this thread some of it is PN's fault and some is BT's Roll eyes
nadger
Rising Star

Whilst some of the problems may be BT's fault the customer has no access to BT so it's essential that Plusnet refer problems rapidly to BT.
When it takes a week for a broadband fault  to be referred it can get very frustrating - this happened to me a few months ago and I felt that I was knocking my head against a brick wall so eventually posted where it was visible to comms team and then things happened.
As only a small percentage of customers use forums one wonders how Mr/Mrs Average cope.
Community Veteran

Well, I must be one of the few, who does actually tell people when it is good news....  I have left a testimonial, and I have complained. 
If more people followed my actions, then perhaps service will get better and better, instead of worse and worse.....
complaints can be demoralizing to staff, and create a "ripple effect" so much so that they just lose interest and service deteriorates.
Complaints should be actioned by those who can take action, and not left to the staff to "fob off" the customer/consumer .  at the same time . staff should inform managers when complaints are received that they cannot deal with, otherwise action (will not) cannot be taken.
Words of praise do many things.  first of all it makes the person receiving them feel extra special. which improves their self-esteem, regardless of the hierachial level they may be at,. it also tends to improve service more, without them realising it.  Passed on to the upper echelons, it can be good for their morale too, as they then feel justified in taking home more pay !.
If the original "scoreline" seems to be out of balance, on a ratio of 4:1    it looks as though PlusNet isn`t as good as it likes to promote itself.
However, if you consider "masaging the figures"  by reducing the complaints by 50% and increasing the praise by 50%, then it looks about even...!  ! 
Community Veteran

I've got a complaint - Gerry, stop talking with your mouth full and get on with your lunch Tongue  [/hidemode]
Joking apart, I have put thankyou's where appropriate on the few tickets I've ever had to raise  Smiley
PS. Don't get gravy on the keyboard Wink
Community Veteran

Grin Grin Grin  (Simulated eating and talking at same time !)
pierre_pierre
Grafter

I have been trying to help some one on another thread, made a suggestion, that worked for me and a lot of other people, but no, "I have seen on another thread" - twice now,  :-but the other thread had nothing to do with the problem, had a member of staff give advise, that pointed to there problem,, answer - i have posted to M$S after all it is one of there machines, hey have raised a ticket and hell.  Take any notice of suggestions, hell no
Get on horse  
Community Veteran

Quote from: shutter

Words of praise do many things.   first of all it makes the person receiving them feel extra special. which improves their self-esteem, regardless of the hierachial level they may be at,. it also tends to improve service more, without them realising it.  Passed on to the upper echelons, it can be good for their morale too, as they then feel justified in taking home more pay !.

There speaks a wise older Chief  PO  Grin - hope your division thought so too  Grin
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Personally I don't like this ISP. In my opinion they're a bit on the dishonest side.
Take the 'Unlimited' package for example. Unlimited bandwidth but the speeds are restricted.. so therefore there is only a set amount of bandwidth you can transfer anyway. Unlimited huh? - Sounds like "Craftily limited and lying to customers limied" to me.
Still, better the devil you know than the devil you don't. There are worse out there....... apparently.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!