cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is BT working to make Plusnet Fibre and under sub-basement product?

Luzern
Pro
Fixes: 2

Is BT working to make Plusnet Fibre and under sub-basement product?

ISP Preview tells how BT are upgrading some customers' from Infinity 1 f.o.c to Infinity 2. To my mind the move increases the relative cost of Plusnet's offerings. Might there be an intention ultimately  to kill Plusnet too?

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Re: Is BT working to make Plusnet Fibre and under sub-basement product?

I've always held the view that "To beat the competition you need to BE the competition".

If BT killed of PN they'd lose a company that claws back some of their own lost customers. At the same time from the rumours i've heard support / staff levels at plusnet seem to be nose diving.

I don't think they'll kill PN right off but i do think they may be downsizing it to be a conveniently sized annexe of BT instead of a seperately operating company.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

In that story there is a paragraph that i think PN should Read !

It’s worth pointing out that even those who don’t benefit on the download side may still see an uplift from the higher upstream rate, which is something that has become increasingly important thanks to Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Twitch etc.

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
mikelahey
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 10

There is a similar article on think broadband. Their take is that BT could be making 80/20 the standard package with G Fast becoming a replacement for Infinity 2.
If this is the case it leaves a gap in their product portfolio for a budget 40/10 or 50/10 product. I can live in hope that this would be filled by Plusnet. With BT providing the premium 80/20 offering.
From the TBB article it is only being offered to customers whose line supports over 50 meg.
If you go to the BT retail website they are still offering 50/10 & 80/20.
https://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/7833-free-speed-upgrades-for-some-bt-infinity-1-customers