cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Autumn Early?

Community Veteran

Is Autumn Early?

Has Autumn come early this year?  For the past few days all the leaves on my trees have been falling and the lawns and paths look more like October than July.  I guess it's down to the very dry weather and the lack of water getting to the trees Undecided
5 REPLIES
Fixes: 47

Re: Is Autumn Early?

According to the news the other day Christmas starts in a couple of weeks in the shops Roll eyes
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Chestnut trees in Essex have a virus disease, thats not fatal, but does cause the leave to drop about now
On the Avenue of Remembrance in Colchester, it looks like some of the trees have blossom, was driving to fast to look, but was unusual
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Perhaps it is a response to drought. Fewer leaves leads to less water transpiration..
Community Veteran

Quote from: Strat
According to the news the other day Christmas starts in a couple of weeks in the shops Roll eyes

Yes I saw that on BBC Breakfast a day or so ago.  What a pity that Christmas is no more than a shopping opportunity these days.
idlewis
Grafter

I agree Artmo, the weather in Glasgow is a bit cold expecaillly at night but no doubt in two or three weeks time it will be roasting again.