cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Irish Post

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Irish Post

Bet you thought a joke was going to follow that title but this is a serious question.
Ordered a small cost item from e-bay over 2 weeks ago but it has not arrived yet. In all fairness the seller has responded to my e-mails and agreed to resend the item again but added that delays were not uncommon and this has been made worse by all the snow.
Has anyone else had small items from Ireland take longer than 5 working days to arrive ? I Have had items from various parts of the world which in almost all cases arrived within a week.
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: Irish Post

Ordered one of them Steering Wheel Table thingy`s... from Newry, on 22nd Jan 2013..... delivered by midday on 25th.... i.e. yesterday... so... presumably posted on 23rd after packing and addressing etc on 22nd... 1.5 days from Newry to Portsmouth, I reckon is pretty good going for a small parcel.
If it came the same way as Google maps it is 488 miles, and would take about 9 hours to drive, non stop... !... 
Free post and packing.... the item cost me £5.98 .  If I were to drive there and collect. it would have cost me.... £48.80p single journey, PLUS a Ferry charge !....
Well pleased....  Smiley
Community Veteran

I've ordered a few small items from various ebay traders in the past 2 weeks and have been very pleased with the speed of delivery. 
@gleneagles, if the seller has stated he will resend give him one more chance to see if he does.
198kHz
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

Never had a problem with regular postings to and from Co Galway and England - sometimes two, usually three, but never more than five days.
Not young enough to know everything
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Thanks for the responses.
Looking at his rating on e-bay it's in the thousands with very few negative feedbacks.
The item in question was £3.99 with free Post & packing so I doubt it's a scam as he would not be making much.
Responses to my e-mails have been fairly quick and the final line is that he will resend the item so will wait and see what happens.