Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iran plane crash

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

Re: Iran plane crash

Blood on their hands for shooting g it down even if it was unintentional, and the contempt of the world for trying to deny it.

The man that knows everything knows nothing.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 41

@artmo 

404 - Page not found

Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 5

@artmo wrote:

The Iranians have admitted to shooting down the plane 'unintentionally'.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-5107362

Link broken (missing character at the end)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-51073621

From the linked article;

Quote;  An investigation found that "missiles fired due to human error", President Hassan Rouhani said. He described the crash as an "unforgivable mistake".

No doubt the culprits will have already been put to death and buried.

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

.... and for those of us that are totally confused with what is going on in the Middle East 🤣

Clear as mud.

ARE you confused by what is going on in the Middle East? Let me explain.

We supported the Iraq government in the fight against the Islamic State. We don't like IS, but IS is supported by Saudi Arabia, whome we do like.

We don't like President Assad in Syria. We support the fight against him, but not IS, which is also fighting against him.

We don't like Iran, but Iran supports the Iraqi government against IS. So some of our friends support our enemies and some of our enemies are our friends, and some of our enemies are fighting against our other enemies, whome we don't want to lose, but we don't want our enemies to win.

If people we want to defeat are defeated, they might be replaced by people we like even less. And all this was started by us invading a country to drive out terrorists who weren't actually there until we went in there to drive them out. Do you understand now?

Aubrey Bailey, Fleet, Hants.

And this tweet from John Pilger ten hours ago and unless I am reading it wrong, is saying that Iran did not shoot down that plane and that the west is lying? 

No wonder wer are all confused when writers whose opinions we have respected for years write this stuff,

Pilger tweet.PNG

Highlighted
Community Veteran

Thank you @RobPN for correcting the link.
Highlighted
Seasoned Champion

Iran just admittimg what everybody knew anyway - just look at the holes in the plane, clearly visible on early photographs - that is what happend when the proximity fuse on the missile triggers the explosion and it is just like a massive hand-grenade exploding and sending shrapnel in all directions ...

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/01/10/iran-admits-shooting-down-jetliner-missile/4439...

Highlighted
Seasoned Champion

@RobPN wrote:

No doubt the culprits will have already been put to death and buried.

Will they still get 7 v1rg1n5 ?

Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 8

Superficially Iran's admission gains it some kudos, but could that still be covering up a deliberate act against Boeing, an American icon. A generous number of pax were Canadian, just as we have difficulty distingusing nationalt, or regional, I wonder how good the Iranian might be in the same problem, as in many ways the two have things in common e.g, the international dial code. It was a strike against what they thought was part of America

Possibly stupid and far fetched, but.....Undecided

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 5

@wotsup wrote:

Will they still get 7 v1rg1n5 ?

Have they reduced the number down to 7 these days?

I guess they must be in short supply - even though age wouldn't be a limiting factor.

Perhaps they weren't killed and only had the hand sporting their trigger-finger chopped off.  Undecided

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

@Luzern 

Most if not all the passengers were either Iranian, of Iranian decent or as described by Trudeau, "Canadian Iranian". Why they would deliberately shoot down the aircraft just because it was a Boeing quite frankly beggars belief given those on board.

Right from the word go I thought it had a bad smell when the were quick off the mark saying it was an accident... which ironically, it was - only they caused it.

Highlighted
Seasoned Champion

@RobPN wrote:

Perhaps they weren't killed and only had the hand sporting their trigger-finger chopped off.  Undecided

Maybe it was a relief to have the finger chopped off,  all that itching must have been terrible

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

With such incompetence (apparently they thought it was a cruise missile) let's all thank our lucky stars or Gods if we have one that Iran does not have nuclear missiles - although any hint that they might be used would find Iran wiped by either the US or Israel.

"If the Iranians are going to make a fist of world war three they really are going to have to up their game a bit. And if I was working in one of Iran's uranuim enrichment plants I'd book time off work, sharpish, because my guess is that's where the next missile will fall"

Rod Liddle. The Spectator.