cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invoicing

Fixes: 125

Invoicing

I need to invoice my mother for travelling expenses incurred in carrying out my duties as Power of Attorney as advised by the OPG (the rate is 45p/mile).
Never had to raise an invoice before so wondered if something like the attached would be suitable? I would just need to save it as a PDF file.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Invoicing

@Mav, that's fine. More than enough detail.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

If you have the old parking ticket.... you could quote any serial number on it... or ... attach it by staple to the top left corner...

Could be useful, if, for instance,... you have to park in several different locations, either on the same day or during the "week/month" accounting period....
It "kinda" proves you did use the parking machine... and not trying to "rip off" ........  Wink

Thanks for the replies.
I have scanned the parking tickets so far as not every car park allows free parking for Blue Badge holders.
I will simply save each invoice/parking ticket to a folder by year - month with a reference to it within the accounting program.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Does Mum have mental capacity? If so I would add somewhere for a signature to authorise you to claim the money. Otherwise I assume the invoice is just a record of why you have been taking her money in case you are called upon to justify it.
My Mum has mental capacity. Using LPA I ensure all regular bills are paid by Direct Debit from her bank account. For day to day spending (e.g. shopping) I pay on her behalf then she repays me in cash. I draw cash from her bank account as required and have a sheet for her to sign each time I make a withdrawal to confirm that she has received the cash.

She no longer has capacity for financial affairs and I have a LPA in place.
I just want to make sure I have proper records in case the OPG decide they want to do a check which they have the power to do.
Expenses
[quote=https://www.gov.uk/lasting-power-attorney-duties/payment-and-expenses]You can claim expenses you’ve had while carrying out your duties as an attorney, for example:
    travel costs
    stationery
    postage
    phone calls
Keep your receipts and invoice the donor for your expenses.