cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intresting letter from e-bay

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Intresting letter from e-bay

Got the following letter from e-bay, I just find it odd they can't tell me why the listing was removed neither can they give me the sellers details, why all the secrecy ?
Dear xxxxxxxxxx
We'd like to let you know that eBay has ended an item you were bidding on for breaching of one or more of our policies. As it's important that eBay maintains member privacy, we can't tell you exactly why the listing was removed.
Any offers or bids placed on this listing are now null and void. If you were the winning bidder, you're no longer obliged to pay for the item:
163700768407 - Honda Sat Navigation DVD version 2.11 For CRV 2002-2005
Here's what you can do if you've already paid for the item:
If you won the item and you've already paid for it, you can choose to reverse the payment or ask the seller for a refund. If you've already received the item you've the option of accepting it or returning it to the seller for a refund.
1) Contact the seller
2) Contact your payment provider
3) Report that the matter hasn't been resolved
- Contact the seller
At this stage, we recommend that you contact the seller and discuss the situation. These situations can often be resolved with a friendly conversation.
Check your email account for any previous emails you received from the seller - these may contain their contact information. Unfortunately, we can't give you the seller's contact details.
- Contact your payment provider
If you can't reach the seller, contact the service that you used to send payment. They may be able to reverse the payment.
and out of interest has anyone else ever got this e-mail from e-bay ?
8 REPLIES
hitachi
Grafter

Re: Intresting letter from e-bay

It is usually for copied dvd 's and the like and someone has complained to ebay that it is a copy.
Community Veteran

I Thought that might be the case but can't understand why they e-bay don't give the reason as the list of items that cannot be sold on e-bay can easily be seen on their web page.
Equally if they have allowed something to be sold through their site why would they not wish to disclose the contact details of the seller, after all they are telling the seller the contact details of the purchaser ?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 4

I have had those messages, and are usually when the seller has become "no longer registered" which is a little worrying once you have won and paid for an item and you can no longer contact them ! - however I have never lost any money yet by following the eBay/PayPal claims procedure, although it does get a little confusing when eBay tell you to contact the seller when they have removed the sellers contact information from the site !!!
Community Veteran

Are you sure it's genuine; if it is it will be in your eBay messages, not just as an email.
I've had similar, but got refunded automatically; eBay were (*unusually) rather more helpful and proactive than stated there, which makes me somewhat suspicious of the authenticity....
Community Veteran
Fixes: 4

It looks about right to me, that is very eBay phrasing.
Community Veteran

It is a genuine e-bay letter as they also went on to say the listing had been removed, which was an easy thing to check.
I Paid by Paypal so I am covered as far as a refund is concerned but I was just curious as to why e-bay were being unhelpful regarding not giving the sellers details. The details are available on the Paypal site, in fact I would only pay for anything from e-bay via paypal.
Community Veteran

Quote from: gleneagles
and out of interest has anyone else ever got this e-mail from e-bay ?

Many many times. If you have the sellers email address just ask them what the problem is.
Generally I have found the problem only exists in ebay towers. Often it's simply another seller objecting on the grounds that only they are licensed/allowed to sell that item.
Community Veteran

I think I would try and contact the seller as suggested by billnotben.  It could be you may get the item.