cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet slow tonight?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Internet slow tonight?

Anyone else having their internet grind to a halt tonight? - Ours is dreadful (very windy outside hence I'm here not the BB support forum) and uploading files to emails I'm composing on yahoo has become hopeless.
Just using the PN forum has become very hard..
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
15 REPLIES
Heloman
Grafter

Re: Internet slow tonight?

Not had a problem here.
But if you were to cut out that hideous BR logo/petition thingy,  your posts would be faster to download and easier to read (without the dazzle factor)  Wink
(Also, I spent too many years having to endure British Rail's "service"........)
Steve
Seasoned Pro

@heloman Forum look layout  preferences then tick the box *don't show users signatures * Your page will load faster! Wink
Community Veteran

Well this is what we've been getting - far lower than normal:

Note its slower than 79% of GB!
As for the BR thing, they were great. Sure the trains were often wrecks but companies are known to maximise the use of their equipment. Not like the new trains now that are all subsidised by the government forcing up rail tickets. BR had their faults sure but I'd prefer to see them back over the sharks that are running the railways now. BR had their hands tied by the governments of the time but they were in fact a very determined bunch. If you've not seen my previous post, you might want to look at some of their acheivements here.
As for the logo, its one small image and even when repeated in topics its still only one download that is rendered in several places Wink
TheIslander
Grafter

Quote from: Heloman
But if you were to cut out that hideous BR logo/petition thingy,  your posts would be faster to download and easier to read (without the dazzle factor)  Wink
(Also, I spent too many years having to endure British Rail's "service"........)

Nothing wrong with BR just completed 25 years service. It worse now then it was with BR.
But I have no download speed issues
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Partly because of Patch Tuesday?
Community Veteran

Quote from: The
Nothing wrong with BR just completed 25 years service. It worse now then it was with BR.

Exactly. How many slam doors needed the third rail to be heated? - None!
I dislike Notwork Fail severely. It's a total shambles that organisation. BR were the best, sure the trains were scruffy but BR seemed to have a vision not just to run trains but invent and try new things. I don't see Notwork Fail operating boats, hovercraft, building bridges, reopening tunnels etc. BR were an incredible bunch though many folks never realised it, they achieved things that you could almost think impossible to do until the governments of the day decided to tie their hands and cripple them.
Notwork Fail don't seem to have any strategic foresight at all. They seem to be a bunch of zombies.
TheIslander
Grafter

Quote from: Sprite
Notwork Fail don't seem to have any strategic foresight at all. They seem to be a bunch of zombies.

You mean the Dark Side.
Community Veteran

Indeed when you put it like that I think you may indeed be right!
TheIslander
Grafter

That what us train operator staff call Network Rail.
adie:quote
Community Veteran

I'm not surprised really. They seem to be a useless bunch.
Our railways have had two major disasters in their lifetimes.. Closures (both Beechings and non Beeching) and the privatisation that saw BR vanish and remain as BRBR tasked with destroying everything possible of our old disused lines further condemning them to the history books.
I despise Notwork Fail, I detest them with a passion.
TheIslander
Grafter

Well thing do go in circles and I expect the government will be forced to re-nationalise the railways. But when I have not a clue.
Community Veteran

I suppose its possible.. we never thought they would renationalise the lines after railsplat but they did..
Fixes: 47

My...how quickly a thread can go from discussing one network to another Wink Smiley
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

Heh, indeed  Cheesy
Even Notwork Fail have been more reliable than PN lately it seems.