cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet activated/deactivated

Highlighted

Internet activated/deactivated

Plusnet, please do me proud and activate the internet that I paid £75 for an engineer to install. I had a message saying there was a delay, then a message saying it was up and running, then a message saying it isn't ready yet. Online chat isn't available, phonelines have a 30 minute wait.

Please can you let me know what is going on.
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 35

Re: Internet activated/deactivated

@Sharples049  Unfortunately, the weekend, is not the best time to get things done.... however... Live Chat IS available....

If you are seeing a page like this...

ie live chat 01.pngYou might consider using Internet Explorer, or OPERA as a browser .... just to access Live Chat...

This is the page from Internet Explorer..... with no extras added...

ie live chat 02.png

If it is just saing "Live Chat is not available"... that is a "Holding page" . because they do not have enough staff to take any calls...  so you will have to try later... ( late in the day.. about 6 pm is quieter )...

Highlighted

I don't have a browser, im using my phone data, my internet hasn't been activated has it. The weekend clearly isn't the best time to get things done, That's why I ordered my internet to be installed on a Friday morning and not the weekend, and i took time off work for this to be done. I'm sorry if I seem a bit cross but I've been refreshing the chat holding page for an hour now and I've paid money for something I haven't received.
Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 118

Welcome to the forum.

If you ring it's a free 0800 number. I know the wait is frustrating but you can leave the phone in hands free mode and do something else providing you can stand the awful music in the background.