Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet Schooling and other things

Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Internet Schooling and other things

I have two grandsons, one locally in year 10, the other further  away doing mock A levels.

Locally there normally the connection is good for three users, but eight or so days ago someone from BT or contractor put their thing where not wanted: no school, no work, though my daughter managed to link her work mobile to her employer's system, costing them a bomb, the calls she makes and receives, BT complete the repair Friday, then daughter checks straightway. Zilch!  BT automaton will not admit the recent 'repair' may be incomplete, insisting internal wiring be checked.  Daughter has none of it and it's found there's no connection at the pole, so another visit required, possibly with a cherrypicker.

Local grandkid  has online maths lesson: teacher comments, it would be good if he could see some faces. Grandkid turns his camera on. 

No others do.

The distant grandkid is suffering mock A levels with camera on him from school, AND building work just started next door.

Life under lockdown. It's good. eh?

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
4 REPLIES 4
RobPN
Hero
Fixes: 5

Re: Internet Schooling and other things

@Luzern wrote:

Life under lockdown. It's good. eh?

It's better than at least one of the alternatives!  Wink

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

With Mums getting stressed and some hitting the bottle as a result, I'm trying not to imagine a generation of kids having been home schooled by an alcoholic! 

As you say, it could be worse. 

Don't limit the friends you haven't met with arguments you'll never have.
billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

@Luzern wrote:

it would be good if he could see some faces.

I thought they were only allowed to see the teacher. As there were privacy issues in seeing the children. Particularly seeing things behind children that they had no business seeing.

Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

I asked my daughter; parents have to give consent.

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.