Re: Internet Licence?

Quote from: hulls
"Oh I don't do metric, I don't undertand what those micro thingies are"

Hmm, I think you mean Americans here  Cheesy
Highlighted
Grafter

Quote from: dave
It does, all the Voyager routers have WEP on by default and print the key underneath.

Now this is the kind of thing that is required - Security features on by default. Obviously WEP isn't the best encryption, but at least it is the first step.
Highlighted
Community Veteran

i'm buying a service from plus.net.  i don't expect plus.net to monitor, nor supervise my usage.  were the gas/electricity supplier to start dictating terms on  how i used their product, i'd find another supplier who didn't.
i think the notion of a license to surf is just a ploy to hoik more money out of our pockets.
Highlighted
Grafter

Where have you been since last August that you dragged up this old Mouldy Cheshnut? Crazy
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 35

...how about the first time you connect your browser is redirected to a "welcome to PlusNet" page and on it could be links to useful tutorials

A good idea..... but instead of just having links to the tutorials, why not have something like "here are ten (or whatever number) important things you need to know before you use the internet".....
List them, in paragraph form, then put the links into the text, or as an extra, at the end of the paragraph....
There could even be mentions of "how to send an email..... tutorial here.... 
etc.,
When I go on line to do banking, my bank puts up, from time to time, "important messages". with a check box, that says "I have read this message".... it is impossible to move to the next page without checking the box.....
Something like this could be incorporated into the page..... Annoying to the "experts" maybe, but, a "time-out" could also be incorporated, say after 10 logins, the screen does not appear, but an icon (and a message to say the page is available in future) could be put on the bottom toolbar..