Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International MEN`s DAY ? ? ?

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 35

International MEN`s DAY ? ? ?

Hey guys, are we being discriminated unfairly ? 

Today is "International Women`s Day".....  but we don`t get the same "recognnition"....

just to prove a point...

Austrailian airlines, are promoting and using 12 domestic flights, crewed, and operated by women... even down to the ground crew, despatchers  &  air traffic controllers

https://twitter.com/hashtag/WAIFemaleFlight?src=hashtag_click

41 REPLIES 41
Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 118

Re: International MEN`s DAY ? ? ?

Come on @shutter , men are irrelevant these days.

If women want to do all the work why not just sit back and let them get on with it!

Highlighted
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 5

Well I guess it's discrimination if they're getting paid extra for working Sunday, e.g. double-time, but perhaps that doesn't apply with employment contracts in the (Australian) airline industry.  

Highlighted
Fixes: 415

International Men's Day is tucked away out of sight on the 19th of November.

Customer and Forum Moderator. Windows 10 Firefox 74.0 (64-bit)

Life is tough enough without adding Linux into the mix.
Highlighted
Aspiring Pro

Not exactly ‘tucked away out of sight’ when it is so easy to find the date using google, @Strat, but yes it is indeed as you say on November 19th.

For those who may feel discriminated against compared with women, or who feel they don’t ‘get the same recognition as women’, that gives them 36 weeks to be creative and come up with some suitable celebrations. They will be able to find ideas and support on the International Men’s Day website: 

https://internationalmensday.com

So come on, rather than complaining on here get your thinking caps on and come up with something positive for November 19th 😉

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

It's all commercial clap trap as I assume the ultimate aim of women's day is men buying them presents.

That said I would settle for a woman buying me a pint on men's day. Like that's going to happen any time soon.😞

Highlighted
Seasoned Champion

@Baldrick1 wrote:

Come on @shutter , men are irrelevant these days

So much positive discrimination in favour of women these days ( also called affirmative action in USA ) that I am afraid you are right. Almost every expert appearing these days on BBC is a woman, pretty much every newsreader a woman, etc.... that you could be excused for thinking men are no longer 50% of population but something like 20%.  So much publicity given to women's achievements .... very little to men's.  

Highlighted
Aspiring Pro

@wotsup wrote:

So much publicity given to women's achievements .... very little to men's.  

Then why not plan something for November, @wotsup? I have given details of the website to go to here. They have lots of ideas, and I am sure you can come up with some of your own 😊

Highlighted
Aspiring Pro

@billnotben wrote:

It's all commercial clap trap as I assume the ultimate aim of women's day is men buying them presents.

Far from it, @billnotben,far from it.  Why not find out a little more here?

Highlighted
Hero

@rEUnite wrote:

Then why not plan something for November, @wotsup? I have given details of the website to go to here. They have lots of ideas, and I am sure you can come up with some of your own 😊

I’m guessing that unless there were 50% women on the planning committee it would be against the law and/or would trigger howls of protest.

Highlighted
Aspiring Pro

Sounds a little defeatist, @Baldrick1, but as you say, you are guessing. Why not find out and then report back with what the situation really is?

Highlighted
Hero

To be honest because I can't be bothered with this sort of nonsense.

Highlighted
Aspiring Pro

Not to worry, @Baldrick1, because I can assure everyone that in order to organise something for international men’s day, it is NOT necessary to have a planning committee at all, let alone one with 50% women.
Guidance for organising a community event can be found here.

Highlighted
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 5

@rEUnite wrote:

For those who may feel discriminated against compared with women, or who feel they don’t ‘get the same recognition as women’, that gives them 36 weeks to be creative and come up with some suitable celebrations ...

... and come up with something positive for November 19th 😉

(my bold)

@rEUnite 

Now if only you'd given us that snippet of information 3-4 weeks ago, those so inclined would've had time to self-identify as a woman, have a baby (whilst self-isolating from Covid-19 of course), just in time to re-identify as a man and celebrate the big day, thus getting the best of both worlds.

Highlighted
Hero

@RobPN wrote:

Now if only you'd given us that snippet of information 3-4 weeks ago, those so inclined would've had time to self-identify as a woman, have a baby (whilst self-isolating from Covid-19 of course), just in time to re-identify as a man and celebrate the big day, thus getting the best of both worlds.

I’d always assumed that Father’s Day and Mother’s Day were 9 months apart. Is this different?