cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interesting question...

Fixes: 125

Interesting question...

Now I have your attention, just wondered what you currently have as the background picture on your PC/laptop?
Mine is currently the same lion as in my avatar but I have it set to change every 30 mins.
Edit: all photos presently from my holiday in Torbay earlier this year.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

36 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Interesting question...

Bruce McCandless floating in space.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

I used to have a random one chosen every 10 min, but since I installed this version of Mint I just have the default wp (linuxmint) sad but true, I don't tend to spend much time looking at the background  Grin As I have TB & FF set to autoload on startup.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

I often (but not always) make do with a plain (mid-blue) coloured bacground, no 'wallpaper' at all.
My work PC has a plain white background with the company logo top-right, laptop currently has one of Microsoft's more interesting extreme close-ups of a dark red rose with water droplets on the petals (too much detail or mixture of light & dark can make some of my excessive number of desktop icons and their labels slightly difficult to decipher).
Android phone has the defulalt 'pretty land/waterscape' - didn't feel any need to change it, when I first got the phone I tried all sorts of animated and still wallpapers then after I upgraded it to ICS I decided the default was as good as any others I'd previously tried.
Wife's Sony Erikson Android has the default Sony background (she probably doesn't know how to change it anyway) but I did set it to a pink-ish theme for her as she quite likes that.
The kids seem to have a different background every time I look at their PCs.  Daughter's phone has a photo of our kitten.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

I just have the original wall paper that came with the computer. I did set different ones to display every couple of minutes but somehow Win7 managed to change that back.. I've since stopped bothering  Crazy
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
198kHz
Seasoned Pro

Not young enough to know everything
Community Veteran

I use a selection of pics from Webshots, which has changed it's name to Smile today I see.
thejudge
Grafter

hadden
Grafter

My main monitor is dark green flock wallpaper and the second monitor is a CGI image of a volcanic island endered with a blue filter.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

First thing I do on a windows install is remove all the eye candy, as it just a waste of memory.  Basic black and basic theme, no Aero.
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
IanSn
Grafter

a tablecloth...
seriously, a nice orange one.
Community Veteran

Quote from: Gus
no Aero.

I've never understood the point of it anyway. I remember there was a big hoo har about how wonderful aero was etc but as far as I can tell it just makes the borders of windows go transparent  Roll eyes
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

currently this
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

My "desktop" is BLACK... with icons all around the outside edge.. Asi I only ever see it when I "log in", cant see the point in having a desktop pic, as it wont` be seen after logging in......
. I can have a changing pic using "Webshots", and have several pics of my favourite Schlagersangerin < Helene Fischer > I do have the changing pics on my screensaver though, here is one of them....
http://www.flickr.com/photos/32369450@N02/6527519451/in/photostream
Community Veteran

@shutter, have you got the new webshots that they call smile?