Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interesting comments - opinions sought

WildRose52
Grafter

Interesting comments - opinions sought

I would be interested in people`s opinions on this :-
I know everyone will know who William S.Cohan is.
For any who might not : he was former U.S. Secretary of Defence.
Below, is a very interesting answer that William S.Cohan made on
April 28th 1997 - in response to a question which was posed to him.
Although I am posting the full answer for clarity - please note: only the 2nd
paragraph is relevant.

Perhaps I might also point out that this info is from the U.S.`s own Defence
website 
(and not from some tin-pot conspiracy website)
(QUOTE) :
Well, it points out the nature of the threat. It turned out to be a false threat under the circumstances. But as we've learned in the intelligence community, we had something called -- and we have James Woolsey here to perhaps even address this question about phantom moles. The mere fear that there is a mole within an agency can set off a chain reaction and a hunt for that particular mole which can paralyze the agency for weeks and months and years even, in a search. The same thing is true about just the false scare of a threat of using some kind of a chemical weapon or a biological one.

There are some reports, for example, that some countries have been trying to construct something like an Ebola Virus, and that would be a very dangerous phenomenon, to say the least. Alvin Toeffler has written about this in terms of some scientists in their laboratories trying to devise certain types of pathogens that would be ethnic specific so that they could just eliminate certain ethnic groups and races; and others are designing some sort of engineering, some sort of insects that can destroy specific crops. Others are engaging even in an eco- type of terrorism whereby they can alter the climate, set off earthquakes, volcanoes remotely through the use of electromagnetic waves.  
http://www.defense.gov/Transcripts/Transcript.aspx?TranscriptID=674

Whenever anyone like myself (and thousands of others)  dares to suggest (in forums)  that
technology exists which can `alter the climate / set off earthquakes & volcanos remotely)
then obviously we are met with a barrage of comments suggesting that we are conspiracy
nuts in tin foil hats.
YET, when we can read on a U.S. Govmnt website that the former Secretary of Defence
William S. Cohan has said the same thing - and said it 13 years ago,
I have found few ppl
able to explain away HIS remarks.
I do note that Cohen only said :  `there are some reports`  but I hardly believe that a man in
the top position in U.S. Defence would be so stupid as to put his career / reputation on the
line by making such comments if he did not believe that those Reports had merit.
I would therefore be interested to know what people`s opinions are (in this forum) as to
what the former U.S. Secretary of Defence stated.
The issue here isnt about anything I say, but rather about what William S. Cohan said.

6 REPLIES
198kHz
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

Re: Interesting comments - opinions sought

Quote from: WildRose52
I do note that Cohen only said :  `there are some reports`  but I hardly believe that a man in
the top position in U.S. Defence would be so stupid as to put his career / reputation on the
line by making such comments if he did not believe that those Reports had merit.

I do.
Not young enough to know everything
pierre_pierre
Grafter

and a lot has happened in the last 13  years
Community Veteran

Are you suggesting that they may or may not have succeeded?Huh
colintivy
WildRose52
Grafter

Colintivy,
I really do NOT know.
It`s not about what I believe, but rather my merely showing ppl on here
what the former U.S. Defense Secretary stated.
It then remains for all of us to make our own minds up :
Was this a nut?
Or was he, in his capacity as Defence Secretary, in the know about what
technology existed back then?
The only thing I would add to this is a video of a programme that was
recently aired on TV in CHILE.
This programme was aired followed the huge earthquake in Haiti, and
I think it was before the earthquake that later occured in Chile.

-g  (1 of 2 videos)
But again, its for all of us to make our own minds up.
We can only ask ourselves:  were both of those earthquakes
natural events or were they caused by certain technologies (which would
then give credence to what the Secretary of Defence stated)?
OR:  could one have been natural, and one not?
You folks are the Jury -  we cant have a one-man Jury lol - and that is why I
sought opinions from others.

pierre_pierre
Grafter

When I was at College thay were just bringing out a new theory, I kid you not, that Earthquakes were caused by something that they thought were Techtonic Plates, is you research that you will find that nobody had any clue about that in 1950, it was much later
pierre_pierre
Grafter

did a bit for you
The theory builds on the older concepts of continental drift, developed during the first decades of the 20th century by Alfred Wegener, and seafloor spreading, developed in the 1960s.
The lithosphere is broken up into what are called tectonic plates. In the case of Earth, there are currently seven to eight major (depending on how they are defined) and many minor plates (see list below). The lithospheric plates ride on the asthenosphere. These plates move in relation to one another at one of three types of plate boundaries: convergent, or collisional boundaries; divergent boundaries, also called spreading centers; and transform boundaries. Earthquakes, volcanic activity, mountain-building, and oceanic trench formation occur along plate boundaries. The lateral relative movement of the plates varies, though it is typically 0–100 mm annually.