Did you mean: 

Insurance company says I have had an accident - But I haven't

Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

Re: Insurance company says I have had an accident - But I haven't

Quote from: walker23
Aviva quoted me £4.4k last year 

Ouch!!
Many years ago I had a car insured with an insurer called 'The Insurance Company', (I think they were base in Bristol) one evening, after visinting a friend, I came out to find my car had been 'keyed'

You say that, I recently had some lovely person decide to open their car door on my drivers door. Lovely white mark where they struck it (big one). I left them my name and number on the car windscreen (you could see my paint on their door) but they never called. I certainly don't need another bloody claim so I've left it. I thought about calling the fuzz but they won't do much except cause my insurance to go up. It's a only a £550 car anyway so its not that imporatnat but thats not the point is it. You damage someones property you don't just judge "It's a wreck tough luck" do you!
It's certainly the way these days that the innocent pay the price.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Grafter

Wonder what would the outcome be if the 3rd party did put it in the hands of their insurance company? Would the insurance company write the car off so you would be left without a car but with a couple of hundred quid?
Community Veteran

Probably.. but then for a few hundred the paint damage could be repaired.. although i'd still take a hit on the premiums. I decided i not to bother with it in the end, car probably won't survive the economic climate anyway.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 21

OK latest lunacy on the policy:
I have now received my ncb by EMAIL still waiting for the postal version.
By email today:-
I understand that you were not involved in the accident noted on your policy for 2008.  I have discussed this with eGroup and they have confirmed it is not possible to remove this from your policy. 
The policy has been amended to show the claim as non fault and eGroup have advised they will add a note to the policy to confirm you were not involved in this incident. 
For peace of mind we can provide a letter for your records confirming you were not involved in the accident we have listed for 2008 and this was a case of mistaken identity.

WTF are these people on? They want to KEEP an NON accident on my document, so that I would have to say to any new insurer, that I had a non-fault (non bloody existent!) accident  Crazy Crazy Crazy Cry
I have replied that the Ombudsman will be on the phone again if they don't sort it out!  Angry
Community Veteran

Oh dear!!  Sounds like a case of the computer says No. Wink
Community Veteran

I gather that this is quite a common fraud attempt, A friend has just been notified that he is to expect a summons to court over a non-accident last year. Repeated protestations have not really got anywhere with the various Insurers and are in a state of what next. Looks like an Ombudsman job to me. What seemed to happen is that the claimant found his car scraped (£800 worth?) and waited for a likely car to pass and noted the number, even if the said car showed no sign of damage and still does!
Community Veteran

Quote from: Hairy
OK latest lunacy on the policy:
I have now received my ncb by EMAIL still waiting for the postal version.
By email today:-
I understand that you were not involved in the accident noted on your policy for 2008.  I have discussed this with eGroup and they have confirmed it is not possible to remove this from your policy. 
The policy has been amended to show the claim as non fault and eGroup have advised they will add a note to the policy to confirm you were not involved in this incident. 
For peace of mind we can provide a letter for your records confirming you were not involved in the accident we have listed for 2008 and this was a case of mistaken identity.

[Censored] are these people on? They want to KEEP an NON accident on my document, so that I would have to say to any new insurer, that I had a non-fault (non bloody existent!) accident  Crazy Crazy Crazy Cry
I have replied that the Ombudsman will be on the phone again if they don't sort it out!  Angry

Keep fighting mate. I have a friend who used toi work in the car insurance trade and is a member of the CII (Chartered Institute of Insurers). He's given me some very good advice in the past that insurers don't like you knowing. In your case its like this: You didn't have an accident, it's fraudulent of your insurance company to have a claim on your record - which will of course put up your premiums. They're also trying to obtain money by deception. Do not settle for this. Write back to them and insist that this is removed and if they still refuse its ombudsman time but only get them involved AFTER you have it in writing that its a case of mistaken identity.