Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing Ring Doorbell

idonno
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Installing Ring Doorbell

@artmo wrote:

What benefit would the delivery driver get in wasting additional time in calling at a neighbours. It's always possible you didn't hear him at your front door.

If the delivery driver has one to drop right next door, he doesn't need to hang around. Kills two parcel deliveries with one drop. As he said, he didn't expect me to be in. I suspect he hadn't even tried.

I might miss the rattle of the letter box. The door bell? Never in a million years. It is loud.

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 43

Funny it should be mentioned about missing the doorbell, that's only possible if it's actually pushed in the first place.

I had a delivery from Amazon yesterday and responded when the driver knocked on the door. I thought it was odd so I looked at the footage and noticed that he was raising his arm to ring the bell when he noticed the camera on the bell push, put it down and knocked instead! Maybe he was camera shy I guess.

Crunchie
Rising Star

Yeah, people do get nervous when they see a camera there and assume it's going to take their photo/video if they ring the bell.

They've not really worked out that it's motion sensing.  The gadget freak in me keeps wanting to get one of these, but we live in a very low-risk area. Well, lower risk than other houses around me at any rate and theives will generally target places where there's a modicum of privacy to hide their crimes.

Pete
Community Veteran

Thankfully, I live in a very low crime rate area as well, so it wasn't bought for that reason. So why did I buy it you might ask, well it's like most of the stuff I have (that I really don't need) is because it seemed a good idea at the time!

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 1

It's gone beyond that I reckon @Crunchie with any criminal (or innocent) with half a brain cell having to assume there are cameras just about everywhere and cover their faces with a ski mask. Blimey, even the police seem to have them on these days. 

Capture (2).PNG

Give it a few years and we'll all be wearing one of these when we go out... unless they make it illegal first. Smiley   

Community Veteran

@Minivanman you cannot be serious, are you taking the Mickey?

RobPN
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 4

In a high crime rate area the camera would probably be nicked.

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero

Or sprayed with paint by an irrate neighbour... wearing a Micky Mouse mask.

Community Veteran

@RobPN wrote:

In a high crime rate area the camera would probably be nicked.

RobPN wouldn't matter if they did nick it Ring will replace it free of charge if it does. Smiley

TTman
Seasoned Pro

@Minivanman  How would you know they were wearing a mickey mouse mask if the camera was sprayed with paint?Huh

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero

@TTman 

The camera would have recorded the culprit just before they started spraying but then what would it matter, all mice look the same. It would make for an interesting line-up down at the nick.

Highlighted
VileReynard
Champion
Fixes: 17

How about a cat burglar?

cat-burglar.jpg

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."