cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Indesit service or lack of

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Indesit service or lack of

Indesit Only deliver to northern Scotland on a Tuesday, so I had a replacement cooker due for delivery and installation last Tuesday, the old one is already at the tip.  So I waited all day to a no show, before you ask no this was after the snow was bad so it had cleared up so no excuse on their part.
They called today "Sorry we won't be delivery again to your area until 10th January".  So currently cooking with a microwave and toaster until I can find a cooker from somewhere else as they expect me to get by for 3 weeks because they failed to deliver.
Service with a @#
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
8 REPLIES
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Re: Indesit service or lack of

I took out cover with them for a cooker i bought last year, Call out charges and spare parts all included, If i ever get service like this from them then there is going to be trouble. Ridiculous.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

What shop did you buy it from ?
I Know indesit are a brand but didn't realise they also had shops.
Community Veteran

Indesit took over Hotpoint (among other brands).
UK Head Office is in Peterborough, near my in-laws.
Due to connections with the (now-defunct) factory we (and friends/family) had a number of their appliances over the years.
As far as I know the only "direct" sales are from their "factory shop" which is largely returns, seconds, end-of-line and similar.
That said, it could be a retailer who has sourced delivery from a central stock held by Indesit.
But, the key question is, as asked by GE, who did you buy it from?
Fixes: 125

I think you may find that a lot of companies (Argos included) have some of their goods delivered direct from the manufacturer.
This was the case with our recent purchase of a Hotpoint washing machine from them.
An initial 5 day delivery was changed to 3 weeks from Argos informing us that the item was out of stock. The same day I got a call from Hotpoint giving me a delivery date of 4 day's time and it duly turned up Smiley

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran

I ordered it from Littlewoods who couldn't make Indesit do anything.  So having to buy a mini cooker as a stop gap because of freezer full of food I can't cook other wise.
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
Community Veteran

Your contract is with Littlewoods, it's them you need to pursue for remedies (compensation or whatever) if you can.
It will probably largely depend if timely delivery was "of the essence" in the contract between you.
Community Veteran

They deliver it and I was paying Indesit for a spark to install it.  So from my point of view Littlewoods can't do much other than complain on my behalf, which I did direct anyway and canceled the order.
So no I have to spend £40 on a small cooker to tide me over until the new year, which I wouldn't have to if they had met their delivery slot.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Not uncommon story.
My built in cooker packed in recently & I assumed it was just a matter of going to the store paying and bringing it home but in most cases they insist on home delivery only.
Curry's promised next day delivery and the invoice had a tracking number which confirmed delivery would be the next morning, which is was.
The main point is that I had gone into the store with my wife and they clearly stated next day delivery which I said was essential otherwise I would look elsewhere and in all fairness it was delivered the next day.
The point I would make is it might be easier to deal with someone face to face and clearly state with a witness present that you require the item no later that a certain period so you have some comeback if things don't appear as promised.