cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incredible 2CV in action, in France !

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Incredible 2CV in action, in France !

An old French movie,.. ( it has english subtitles ) just thought that  @twocvbloke might like to see some of his favourite french snail, in action ! ! ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUdCjd3TNjE

They actually feature quite often in french movies of that period !..

7 REPLIES
Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

Re: Incredible 2CV in action, in France !

Les car goes? Wink

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

shutter wrote:

They actually feature quite often in french movies of that period !..

Hmm, fancy that, a french car featuring in contemporary french films......... Crazy

I'm not THAT enthusiastic about them, I'm more interested in them in use today, and being restored and played with, far more fun than watching an old black & white, I mean, Bergerac was on TV yesterday (not mine, gave up with broadcast telly) and I noticed a few 2CVs in that too, doesn't mean I was going to actually watch the show... Shocked

Minivanman
Hero

A bizarre sight from about ten or twelve years ago was seeing a long line of about ten of those all with Dutch number plates driving through our village. Seems they were following some sort of tourist trail wine route.

Strange all the same (see what I did there?)  Smiley 

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Community Veteran

Could have been on their way to a 2CV meetup in the UK, there was one in Poland not too long ago, the streets were lined with the things, probably looked quite surreal in person, certainly looked it in the youtube videos...

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

@twocvbloke Ooops... sorry I mentioned it... must ask the mods to delete the post as it may offend some people. Roll eyes

Minivanman
Hero

Well there is or was a 2CV club in the UK called 2CVGB,  I used to be a member of it years ago (just to get the sticker you understand) but this little trail of cars was in central France.

Maybe it was a sort of 'gathering of the cans'!

Community Veteran

The 2CVGB club is still a thing, a very big thing actually, one of the essentials for owning a 2CV and derivatives is to join the 2CVGB for parts discounts... Smiley

https://www.2cvgb.co.uk/