cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In a bizarre twist of fate, Moores law is done. Intel is peeing on his chips LOL

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

In a bizarre twist of fate, Moores law is done. Intel is peeing on his chips LOL

Gordon Moore predicted in 1965 that the size of transistors on a microchip would shrink by half every two years. This has meant more powerful and faster processors.
He was the co founder of Intel.. which is now unable / unwilling to keep up with his prediction.
Now that very same company has announced that they are abandoning this law and are going to slow down the rate at which they shrink their transistors in favour of a 3 phase cycle.
More here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3506248/The-chips-Moore-s-Law-Intel-abandons-tick-toc...
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
1 REPLY
Community Veteran

Re: In a bizarre twist of fate, Moores law is done. Intel is peeing on his chips LOL

I suspect that the main reason for the mass arrival of smart phones and tablets was that no one knew what to do with all the chip manufacturing plants.
After all most sensible people had long since realised that if their old PC still did the job it was meant to why upgrade.
The chips I'm waiting for would use little power and run cool.