Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In a Place Far, Far Away

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

In a Place Far, Far Away

Disneyland has revealed a picture of its finished $1billion Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge attraction, complete with the cast that'll entertain guests during their visit.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-7081513/Pictured-time-Disneylands-FINISHED-1b...

15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: In a Place Far, Far Away

Looks pretty cool. Shame I'm hardly likely to be going to the USA any day soon.Sad

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
Highlighted
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

Now had it been a Game of Thrones attraction....  I can just see it now, Jaywick Sands as the new Westeros and gazing out over the Narrow Sea. Roll_eyes

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

IMG_20190529_0002_NEW (2)-min.jpg

Highlighted
Fixes: 416

The queue to get in will make the Everest queue non existent.

Never say never but highly unlikely I will be visiting. 

Customer and Forum Moderator. Windows 10 Firefox 74.0.1 (64-bit)

Life is tough enough without adding Linux into the mix.
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you stay in a Disney Hotel onsite, you beat the queues and get to see the attractions before others are allowed in.

I seem to remember you are given an hours grace.

And  you can also fast track (Fast Pass) the queues, though we have never had to do this.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_GB/fastpass-plus/

With a theme park ticket, you can choose FastPass+ experiences up to 30 days before the day of use for each day of admission. If you are staying at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel, you can start making your FastPass+ selections as early as 60 days―plus the number of days of your stay―prior to your check-in date.

We always stay on site, Animal Kingdom Lodge is our favourite.

(Giraffes outside your balcony)

And with a 10 day ticket, you can visit any site as often as you want within the 10 days.

ie any site daytime, and the evening fireworks and parades as required.

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

Disney Hotel, fast track the queue, advance bookings?

How wonderful, and how democratically Titanic.

Highlighted
Seasoned Pro

I must admit the Americans are very good at queue control. Never forgotten the queues in Orlando. Some were very long. And yet, because they give you something to watch, do etc as the queue moves from area to area, time just floats by. Fast track etc does work to a degree but it isn't the total panacea it is made out to be. Depends on the day.

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
Highlighted
All Star
Fixes: 2

If more customers bought a fast track ticket wouldn’t the non fast track queue move faster than the fast track queue ?

Highlighted
Seasoned Pro

@Champnet Strangely enough, no. Depends if you pay or go the freebie route. We tended to go freebie. With fast pass you get allocated a time to be back at the ride.Which is where it can break down if you end up having a few rides all with the same time slot. One ride we used it on had an enormous queue, snaking up to the top. Decided to go with the fast pass, which was for about an hour later. Returned and just walked up to the head at the top (separated line) and joined another much smaller queue of people in front - sometimes you just walk straight to the front. It really does depend on how popular the ride is. They just feed you in with the other queue of people.

Yes, you do get dirty looks bypassing the queue but if you do your homework and are prepared to play the system, why not?

The parks there do get very busy. Disney we left very late and had great fun trying to find the hire car. Well, it looked so easy when we first parked up........Grin

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

Well I'm sure there is an article somewhere about the morality of it all, and being able to pay while others 'less fortunate' wait in line. Just as well some don't have private health insurance... oh hang on. Roll_eyes

I do recall reading about somewhere in China where they pay others to queue for them, and if we all had money like Michael Jackson would we pay some top flight store by virtue of spending like crazy to shut the place for our exclusive use only - or better still, build our own amusement park? 

Where do we draw the line, or join the queue. 

Highlighted
Fixes: 895

All people in the park can have fast passes, it's not a paid for extra at Disney and you are limited to the amount you can use etc.
Unlike all the UK theme parks see https://www.altontowers.com/theme-park/extras/fastrack/#packages for example.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

Only fast track I have ever used is at the airport, it's the only fast track I can afford !

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

If you stay in a Disney Hotel onsite, you beat the queues and get to see the attractions before others are allowed in.

I seem to remember you are given an hours grace.

We always stay on site, Animal Kingdom Lodge is our favourite.

(Giraffes outside your balcony)

And with a 10 day ticket, you can visit any site as often as you want within the 10 days.

ie any site daytime, and the evening fireworks and parades as required.

This is what we do, so far have never used FastPass option.

An extra hour with very few queues works for us.

And as a bonus, it is cooler early on.

Highlighted
Fixes: 895

But not all rides are open in extra magic hours, sounds like you don't do the big boy rides.

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'