cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In Victor Meldrew Mode: 'I don't believe it'

Fixes: 125

In Victor Meldrew Mode: 'I don't believe it'

Worker ballooned after high-pressure air hose 'accidentally lodged in his backside'
He was wearing shorts and somehow one of these lines went into his bottom, ripping his clothing and sending air rushing inside his body.
Two colleagues were working next to him at the time and it is not known how the air hose came to be attached to him.

Sounds like a practical joke went wrong.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

10 REPLIES
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: In Victor Meldrew Mode: 'I don't believe it'

If you believe that you will believe any thing, 
An air line at 300 psi goes forward against the flow of the air!! without any help Crazy Crazy
nadger
Rising Star

Having had a CT Pneumocolon I won't comment  Sad
Community Veteran

I think I had one of them too in 2005 and I wont comment either other than that they are probably still cleaning the X-Ray department at Euxton Hall Hospital now.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Grin
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

Sounds like a lot of hot air to me !
Heloman
Grafter

"Gareth Durrant, 26, was working in a factory making static caravans when the air hose, carrying 300lbs per square inch, was allegedly blasted up his shorts and into his anus by a colleague. "
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/8723153/Electrician-inflated-by-air-hose-was-vi...
Some colleague!  Shocked
Fixes: 47

Some time ago a work colleague of mine was messing with an industrial pressure washer and directed the jet at close quarters to someone's leg.
The guy had to go to hospital to have a large swelling on his leg treated to remove a quantity of water. He said it was very painful.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

I hit one of my fingers once with the pressure washer... damn that hurt... it was really sore for the rest of the day. Nothing like my finger which I hit with a hammer 2 weeks ago.. that still hurts now Sad
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Unfortunately this type of "Prank" have been evident for a long time, definitely when I started work a long time ago.
The only true accident is when somebody tries to inflate a truck trye on the flat and not behind a shield, it is often fatal when the rim blows off
pierre_pierre
Grafter

safety notes
http://safety.blr.com/training/workplace-safety-training-sessions/hazardous-substances-and-materials...
http://www.usmra.com/repository/search_category.asp?category=compressed+air
http://www.ccohs.ca/oshanswers/safety_haz/compressed_air.html
and  lots more
      Compressed Air - Online Safety Training Material Repository
      Includes information on numerous accidents involving compressed air. MS Word
      File Size: ... This is a leader's guide to a video of compressed air accidents.
      www.usmra.com/.../search_category.asp?...compressed+air - Cached - Similar
      The Trouble with Compressed Air--Workers Might Not Think It's ...
      17 Sep 2007 ... Compressed air accidents can result in serious, disabling injuries and even
      death, on occasion. Injuries can be easily prevented by ...
      safety.blr.com/.../compressed.../The-Trouble-with-Compressed-Air-Workers-Might-Not-/ - Cached - Similar
      OSH Answers: Cleaning with Compressed Air
      7 Apr 2010 ... What are the hazards with compressed air? What should I use ... horseplay has
      been a cause of some serious workplace accidents caused by ...
      www.ccohs.ca/oshanswers/safety_haz/compressed_air.html - Cached - Similar
      Workplace Standards Tasmania : Compressed air
      22 Jul 2011 ... Work Health and Safety Model Legislation · Workplace Accidents ... Compressed
      air is used for a variety of purposes, in a variety of places, ...
      www.wst.tas.gov.au/safety_comply/dang.../compressed_air - Cached - Similar
      [Fatal accidents with compressed air diving equipment (author's ...
      29 May 1978 ... [Fatal accidents with compressed air diving equipment (author's transl)]. [
      Article in German]. Fischer H, Masel H, Sigl W. ...
      www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/276210 - Similar
      Gory Safety Videos
      If you are motivating for safety, accident prevention, drinking/driving ... This
      is a gory version of the safety training video on compressed air. ...
      www.safetyvideosnow.com/Gory_Safety_Videos.../42.htm - Cached - Similar
      Compressed Air Accident Turns NZ Man Into Human Balloon | TheBlaze.com
      25 May 2011 ... WELLINGTON, New Zealand (The Blaze/AP) — A New Zealand truck driver said he blew
      up like a balloon when he fell onto the fitting of a ...
      www.theblaze.com/.../compressed-air-accident-turns-nz-man-into-human-balloon/ - Cached - Similar
      One worker was seriously injured in a factory while handling ...
      while handling compressed air. On detailed enquiry & investi gation of the said
      accident it revealed that the said accident has occurred due to playful ...
      labour.kar.nic.in/fandb/Annexure-A.pdf - Cached - Similar
      Preventing Operational Accidents and Compressed Air Safety
      Preventing Operational Accidents and Compressed Air Safety. Time:July 5, 2011.
      In order to guard against accidents in the workplace and to ensure a happy ...
      www.lidaqd.com/.../Preventing-Operational-Accidents-and-Compressed-Air-Safety.htm - Cached - Similar
      Compressed air accidents - Controlling The Dangers Of Compressed Air
      There are issues in security when utilizing compressed air. (Flying objects and
      the air itself) Horseplay has been a reason behind some critical workplace.
      www.cashney.com/controlling-the-dangers-of-compressed-air/ - Cached - Similar