Did you mean: 

In The News - Government

Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

In The News - Government

Hi All
Just seen this:
With homelessness at an eight-year peak, David Cameron’s Government must examine its record
Sense of crisis is further compounded by the fact local authorities are entering their sixth year of funding cuts

For a Government that has frequently fallen back on Victorian ideas of the deserving and undeserving poor – in 21st-century parlance, the “strivers” and the “shirkers” – the annual Christmas appeals to help the homeless must come as awkward reading. Charity and community action are at the heart of the compassionate vision of Conservatism that David Cameron once championed. A Christmas shelter for the homeless is just the kind of place he had in mind with his long-defunct vision of a Big Society.
But what feelings do such places conjure in him now? Five years into his premiership, the official data has begun to catch up with what people working in frontline public services knew about long ago: that his Government’s policies on housing are driving vulnerable people out of their homes.
Read More here

By Vote of No Confidence in the UK Conservatives
They must do more than just examine their record, they must accept that they have made things worse in this country and stand down. Just 24% of the eligible electorate put these charlatans into office, that's less than a quarter of the entire eligible population of the UK, most of which must surely be seeing the error of their ways by now, or at least questioning their choice.
Either way, with homelessness increasing, our front-line services, the NHS and our welfare system now in total meltdown, the Tories have proved themselves wholly unworthy of the peoples trust in governing this country.
Labour needs to stop with the in-fighting and call for the Vote of No Confidence right now. Thatcher did it with Callahan on less of a track record of ineptitude, and won on the strength of just 1 vote, forcing the Labour government of the time to stand down.
Now it's time for the Tories to go....

Vote of No Confidence in the UK Conservatives
8 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Re: In The News - Government

I don't think the tories should go - under them the rich are doing very well!
On a serious note I think its sad that this country has become so careless towards its own people but yet so welcoming to others from another land - who also have nothing.
No doubt someone here will accuse me of discriminating... but i'm not. We as a nation do however discriminate against our own. Foreign people with debts and little else can come here and be financially supported by the state. Our own people with no home and possibly debts and we're happy for them to starve. So please, no accusations.
The problem is who could replace the conservatives? They are the only strong party right now. Labour destroyed us, left us with a mountain of debt and caused so much unrest in the middle east that we'd have been better paying saddam to sort it all out. The lib dems sold us all down the river... and then sold themselves down it. UKIP are making progress but they're not going to win a general election any time soon. The greens... again.. they've made progress but nothing major.
So who does that leave? - Nobody.
Labour are not a threat to the conservatives at this moment in time and Jeremy Corbyn doesn't seem to have a chance of booting them out. I've yet to see him on TV even speaking - all we seem to see are shots of him whispering to people or just looking at things.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

The difficult thing is finding some official, any official, that really cares.
Over the years no matter what the job, its become just a job.
The more money / higher wages the less care.
The high pay couldn't care less cut off point has long since been reached by MP's.
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star

@7up, Jeremy Corbyn he doesn't like the press.
[Edit] Spelling
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Well if he ever wants to be PM and / or see his party survive he better learn to like them - because they're not portraying him well.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
nanotm
Pro

I'm rather amazed so many people read that pie in the sky trash you linked to, talk about hard-line communism.... do you know it was the labour that introduced WCA's and it was them 20 years later that produced stories of how the NHS couldn't conduct the assessments due to fear and cost problems so they brought in ATOS and then it was labour that produced the ESA system......the tories haven't even managed ot roll out their version so far so its impossible to blame them for problems created and promulgated by previous labour criminals in chief (of which corby was a keen supporter)
constantly people push out stories about the nasty party, yet not once does any of them point out that it was a labour administration that reduced public education to the point it was barely producing working age individuals with the abilty of an 11 year old under the 11+ era (that they got rid of) not once do they mention it was labour who started the constant stream of new red tape and new legislation on every facet of life, criminalising things that had been done for hundreds of years to marginalise more of society whilst attacking the poor and promoting rampant capitalism, all of which was supported by the current party members at every turn.
people like to claim corby as a new wave of fresh air and totally fail to notice he just has his head slightly higher in the clouds than the previous leaders. no different in ideas or ideals or methodology just not as clever as them /
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
itsme
Grafter

Selective picking of facts not addressing the reason behind WCA
Invalidity Benefit was the name used from 1971 until 1995; the number of claimants increased substantially from the 1980s onwards and it has been suggested by some that this was the result of a deliberate attempt to encourage take-up by the Thatcher government, elected on the slogan "Labour Isn't Working" but now anxious at a steepening rise in unemployment.[1] However it has also been argued that the real cause of the rise in numbers was the increase in the value of Invalidity Benefit compared to unemployment benefits that took place in the 1970s during the governments led by Edward Heath and Harold Wilson (although the bulk of the rise in claims occurred during the 1990s).
Mal08
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

In my younger days I admit I voted for the tories - in the days of Macmillan and Heath, but my recent experience has changed my outlook.
After years of working hard and paying 40% tax and NI - through no fault of my own I had redundancy after redundancy and fell on hard times - firstly with clinical depression and then cancer.
The way the state treat you is appalling - we are made to feel bad - and treated just like people who have never worked.
The tories have attacked the poor and vulnerable in their policies whilst letting the rich get away with paying little tax, corporations paying no tax.
I'm no fan of the labour party - but to blame them totally for the financial crash is short sighted - the crash started in the USA under Bush a republican and spread through much of the world.

nanotm
Pro

Quote from: Mal08
I'm no fan of the labour party - but to blame them totally for the financial crash is short sighted - the crash started in the USA under Bush a republican and spread through much of the world.

it was labour who removed regulations from the banking sector here in the UK (regulations that would have prevented the problem from occurring) it was the labour party who when it became apparent large scale fraud was being conducted within the housing market to hyper inflate house prices that failed to take action and instead allowed the perpetrators to carry on regardless, it was the labour government that despite months of pleading failed to take early action to sort out northern rock the resulting cascade that followed collapsed the entire house of cards and then rather than allowing the bank to go under they stepped in at the last possible second when the cost of action was 100 x higher and saved all the banks without any recourse for regaining those funds..... in the USA they let the banks go pop and picked up the pieces effectively devaluing their economy, but without any serious problems for the average joe on the streets, we on the other hand were already in the midst of devaluation and the only thing anyone cared about was borrowing from future earnings (that have never materialised) leaving our county on the brink of collapse a problem that will take several decades to recover from if it ever does, and all the while promoting "ever closer union" something that will completely cripple the country at every level and make it the cesspit of the entire world..... given the choice I would rather vote tory than labour any day of the week, even when they have leader that seems to have become liberalised and wishy washy after 5 years in coalition with the hoody huggers than let the sociopathic terrorist worshiping loonies on the left anywhere near the front seat!
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you