Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impressive relationship response when Police called out on false alarm

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

Impressive relationship response when Police called out on false alarm

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/15414666.Armed_police_and_helicopter_scrambled_to__two_men_wit...

ARMED officers and the police helicopter were scrambled in response to an eight-year-old boy playing with a toy gun.

Officers, a dog unit and the air service were sent to reports of “two males possibly in possession of firearms” in Purbeck Road on Friday afternoon.

Could have upset the child but this is the result

“One of the officers stayed for a long time, answered a lot of questions and was really nice to Kasim, telling him they don’t want him to stop playing cops and robbers.”

Kasim was visiting his sister, who only moved into her flat on Purbeck Road last Monday.

After having his game of cops and robbers called to a halt by police, Kasim has his eyes set on his dream.

“I really want to be a policeman now,” Kasim said.

“When the police all turned up with their guns I thought it was really cool.

“They showed me some of the stuff they use like his helmet, mask and what they use to knock the door down with.”

Well done that policeman

3 REPLIES
bjallenby
Aspiring Pro

Re: Impressive relationship response when Police called out on false alarm

When I was a kid I made the mistake of jumping out on an army patrol with a toy gun. Cut to an angry and jittery Scottish squaddy shouting his head off at me as I took off up the street in the opposite direction laughing.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 6

Moons ago I went to a fair ground with a couple of other lads I knew at the time. Both were slightly dodgy but nothing serious. Shaun managed to grab himself a small black water pistol from one of the games that he played.

Naturally being a prat on his way home he decided to wave it about and point at things. To make matters worse we walked past one of the thugs from my primary school who I knew I could count on to cause trouble... within minutes the police were at both ends of the road holding the traffic back while they questioned the three of us. It didn't help either that the moment we saw the police he had thrown it into some bushes in a field next to the pavement.. and so the police wouldn't let us or the traffic go until they'd found it and confiscated it.

It wasn't very funny at the time but i can look back and laugh now.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

@bjallenby

A while back when driving down a slip road to join a dual carriageway I think it was, a couple of kids were squirted my windscreen cars with water as I drove past and boy, if I'd have got hold of the pair of little (enter rude here) ....... 

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.