Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Implausible Deniability

John_Hull
Rising Star

Implausible Deniability

The Home Secretary says:

There are no targets

There are targets, but I didn't know about them.

There was a memo about the targets sent to me personally, but I didn't read it.

All of that means nothing, when the leaked memo refers to the 10% increase in enforced deportations "that we promised the Home Secretary some months ago". Her department had at least one target (to increase enforced deportations by 10%), that she had personally been told about - the Home Secretary was promised - not her office, or her PA, but her.

How can she still be in office? She has clearly and systematically lied!

35 REPLIES
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Re: Implausible Deniability

Well what else do you expect ?  Politicians are born liars  Roll eyes

just because one has been caught out again , they will all carry on and blame each other for the problem

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
quelquod
Aspiring Pro

AIUI the memo refers to enforced deportations of illegal immigrants - those who shouldn't be here in the first place. So I couldn't care less who knew what or who's lying or whatever other politically-driven muck  is getting thrown around, so far as I'm concerned all power to their elbow and keep up the good work!

Democracy - 3 wolves and a lamb voting about what to have for lunch!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

There shouldn't be quotas other than 100% of illegals.

Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
John_Hull
Rising Star

That's a fair comment, and I wouldn't argue with it, but the issue here is that she has lied.She wasn't mistaken, or misinformed, or even uninformed. She lied and has been caught out lying. That should be an end to her position.

Certainly anyone here illegally should be returned to where they came from (preferably at their own expense), but the pressure to send as many people as possible out of the country (in order to meet some arbitrary number target) along with TMs statement that we should deport them first, and worry about appeals later, is what caused people with the legal right to be here, being illegally detained and sent abroad against their will.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero

The Biggest Liar Was Tony Blair about the Iraq war  Ticked off and what happend to him ?

NOWT Angry

John_Hull
Rising Star

There are two issues here:

Firstly - she lied, and she's been found out. Quite clearly she can't be trusted to tell the truth. What she lied about is irrelevant. She lied to the public, and she lied to Parliament. For that, she should go.

Secondly - your comments about deporting illegal immigrants is fair enough, but because of the pressure brought to bear on civil servants to get the numbers of people deported up, (and Teresa May's statement about deporting first and then listening to appeals) they started illegally detaining and deporting people who had every right to be in this country.

People who come to this country illegally should be removed, and there is due process for doing that. The target for civil servants should be to remove those who should be removed, not to hit some magical arbitrary number of deportees.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero

Like i say ALL politicians lie ! , yes i agree Rudd should go Thumbs Up

But you have to think like the Orange Upalumpa Crazy2  Trump , its False news  , or its the alternative truths

Fixes: 100

@John_Hull wrote:

Firstly - she lied, and she's been found out. Quite clearly she can't be trusted to tell the truth. What she lied about is irrelevant. She lied to the public, and she lied to Parliament. For that, she should go.

So that someone else can be appointed to do the lying Roll eyes

Customer and Forum Moderator.

John_Hull
Rising Star

No .So that the consequences of blatantly lying are clear. Let's be clear; she wasn't mistaken. She wasn't misled  She wasn't given false information, on which she based her responses .She lied. 

rongtw
Seasoned Hero

Yes she did , But the point is She is NOT alone .

Do you want to sack them all ? even JCorbyn has told lies yes ! he does deserve  the sack

Anonymous
N/A

@rongtw wrote:

Do you want to sack them all ? even JCorbyn has told lies yes ! he does deserve  the sack

Rudd is a Government Minister. Rudd is subject to the Ministerial Code; Corbyn is not.

The Ministerial Code states quite clearly in Section 1.3.c that:

Ministers who knowingly mislead Parliament will be expected to offer their resignation to the Prime Minister;

Anonymous
N/A

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 1

Probably peed off with all the unwarranted publicity egged on by JC and his innumerate disciple. 

Lets sack all the lying (sorry, misleading) politicians eh. Like that would work. Crazy2

Let's not raise the flag to high either with the idea that the original immigrants were here to help out in our 'hour of need'. It was mutually beneficial besides which, the US and not the UK was their first choice. 

It was a disastrously mishandled situation to be sure, but the lady has now gone. End of.

I know where I am, I've been lost here before.
Anonymous
N/A

@Minivanman wrote:

all the unwarranted publicity

Seldom has publicity been so warranted.

It was a disastrously mishandled situation to be sure, but the lady has now gone. End of.

Hopefully far from the ‘end of’. May, the one responsible for the appalling ‘hostile environment’ strategy, should be next to go.