Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Immigration

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Immigration

I've no issue with immigration.
What I do have an issue with is money that is earned in the UK being exported overseas and not being recycled through the local economy.
As a suggestion perhaps some form of exchange control for non resident could work.
61 REPLIES
kmilburn
Grafter

Re: Immigration

Quote from: journeys
What I do have an issue with is money that is earned in the UK being exported overseas and not being recycled through the local economy.

Does that include people buying things on EBay, etc, where the product is located overseas,  or using the like of Amazon, Apple, etc  (i.e. multinational companies syphoning vast profits to tax havens); along with all the products you can buy locally which weren't made in the UK (which require UK earned money to be exported to payfor them)
The number of migrants sending money home would have to go some way to reach the current average Trade Deficit of around £2.1 billion per month.  Although that's peanuts compared to the US trade deficit of $43 billion (£27.4 billion) in September  Shocked.
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

if immigration continues to increase unrestricted  at the present rate , we WILL be in SHit street !!!
jim:red Avoidance of swear filter removed mod:end
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Quote from: rongtw
we WILL be in [Censored] street !!!

Coronation street? Now there's an unpleasant thought... Shocked
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Quote from: rongtw
if immigration continues to increase unrestricted  at the present rate , we WILL be in [Censored] street !!!
[Moderator's note by Jim (Oldjim)  Avoidance of swear filter removed ]

My partner is a foreigner and as much as I hate to say it, you're absolutely right. My partner has even said in recent weeks that immigration cannot continue the way it is because britain cannot cope as it is. She used to hate hearing the anti immigration thing and she is still worried by UKIP but she has (like many others from her country) accepted that immigration is now out of control and damaging the country.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

Alan Sugar has just been interviewed on today's immigration debate. I loved the way he referred to 'the guy with the glass of beer in his hand'. Always a colourful speaker Wink
Community Veteran

I don't have a lot of time for Alan Sugar to be honest. He's just another money obsessed grumpy old man who thinks everyone below him is some form of lower life form.
Sure, some stuff he says has a lot of merit but most of it is just a greedy old man speaking.
Community Veteran

Quote from: artmo
Alan Sugar has just been interviewed on today's immigration debate. I loved the way he referred to 'the guy with the glass of beer in his hand'. Always a colourful speaker Wink

Got a linky? Thanks Smiley
The UK economy is doing very well, particularly compared to other EU countries, so it's natural that net immigration is at high levels. Wait until the economy turns and it will change very quickly.
We saw the same thing in the US post-financial market crisis. They couldn't fill the H1B visa quota over an entire year, but when the economy improved, the quota got filled within a matter of days.
PWC did some recent research that rated London as the best place to live for career opportunities, beating the likes of New York/Singapore/Dubai/Sydney/Moscow -  http://www.lifehack.org/articles/work/10-cities-around-the-world-with-the-most-job-opportunities.htm...
Community Veteran

@AndyH, It was in tonight's C4 News but there doesn't seem to be a link - unless I've missed it Huh
Quote from: 7up
I don't have a lot of time for Alan Sugar to be honest.

Why doesn't that not surprise me Grin
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

The only thing I think of when I see the name "Alan Sugar" is Amstrad, the purveyors of top quality electronics, sorry, I mean utter bottydroppings that never lasted more than a week before something broke off or went bang... Grin
Fixes: 47

When you go from Barrow boy to multi millionaire you must be doing something right.
I've read his book Alan Sugar: The way I see it.......very entertaining.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

Yes indeed. I think he started selling aerials as a teenager and progressed from there.
Community Veteran

Quote from: Strat
When you go from Barrow boy to multi millionaire you must be doing something right.

Yeah... screwing someone else over. Thats how the world works. IF you want to make huge piles of money you have to be ruthless. Like twocvbloke says, his electronic products were not known for their quality were they.
I also find it hard to believe that such a grump old git managed to start at bootsales selling aerials. I just don't think he has the social skills to mix with customers and do the "roll up roll up, come and get your car aerials here" type thing. If he did then money has obviously changed him.
Community Veteran

Do you have any evidence that he screwed people over or is it just another unsupported rant Undecided
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

My brother-in-law had him as a landlord for their offices. He was sharp.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.