Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Im ready for screaming ....

St3
All Star
Fixes: 2

Im ready for screaming ....

This is how i was and still am treated at BT
http://community.bt.com/t5/Bills-Call-Packages/Disgusting-Service-From-BT/td-p/619328
Win 10
i7 7700k
GTX 970
14 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Re: Im ready for screaming ....

People still trust those sharks to get it right? - I don't. They can't even get a simple line renumbering right (we're on our 6th or 7th router now though admittedly I've paid a lot more for this one).
BT = Broken Trust.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
St3
All Star

Prob not the best place to post this tbh with bt being part of plusnet, but i wanted to share with everyone how they have treated me over 18 months. As it stands right now they still have an account open for me with broadband lol
Which they were supposed to remove ...... honestly if they dont sort you out then where do u really turn ?
Win 10
i7 7700k
GTX 970
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Stories like this make me want to buy some BT shares and then turn up at their next AGM with questions for the Chair.  How can they treat their customers so poorly? How can they waste so much corporate resource through their failure to manage the situation properly?
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
jmd
Grafter

An elderly gentleman I know has been in a care home for some months so rang BT a few weeks ago to cancel line as was no longer at residential address, a few days later he gets a letter welcoming to his new 18 mth contract for line, calls and BB! He receives at the care home a modem and a BT Hub in packages. He is in a care home, no home phone, and certainly no computer.  I tried to ring them but could not get through so sent email complaint. In meantime the deputy manager at care home rang them up and was told that he had said yes to new contract on phone!  She pointed out that he was hardly likely to do that given his situations and that he might have misheard a question due to his health problems.  They said that was irrelevant and he would have to pay for 18 mths due to it being a legal contract.  So she then got through to the manager at complaints and eventually he said begrudgingly I suppose we can cancel it in this situation then!!  So someone is supposed to collect the Hub/modem from the Care Home and he is supposed to get a letter apologising.
Over a week and I get reply to my email asking for more information so have not replied until I ensure that he has had this letter.
So I am not at all impressed by BT.
Fixes: 47

Quote from: ukste20
bt being part of plusnet

I think it's the other way round actually Wink but the phrase chalk and cheese comes to mind when talking about BT and Plusnet.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
St3
All Star

Well i didnt sign upto a contract for BB here, because of knowing BT had some part to play in PS. If things ever go down hill here due to BT interaction then im off.
Its really dishearting when u have little trust in someone you get services from, whatever happened to looking after a customer?
I suppose we are all just numbers now and aslong as the people at the top are getting their huge wage packets and bonuses, everyone else below dont matter.
But i must be honest since signing to PS ive found support to be very poilte and service to be good, if BT had not caused me so many problems then id never have moved here, i suppose they done me a favour. I just need for BT to get my account closed and recent charges refunded now which seams to be taking too long.
Win 10
i7 7700k
GTX 970
James
Grafter

We're independently run - we have our own directors.
Ste - PM me with your BT account number.
Community Veteran

Quote from: ukste20
Well i didnt sign upto a contract for BB here, because of knowing BT had some part to play in PS. If things ever go down hill here due to BT interaction then im off.

I'm confused.. are you with plusnet or not?
As for BT, I'm surprised anyone uses them. Does no-one remember their BT dialup scam 10 years back where they were disconnecting 56k users on their Anytime plan? - They were exposed on the BBC Watchdog for it.
Why on earth do people keep giving BT another chance? For the phone they can barely just get it right but I'd never trust them as an ISP again.
St3
All Star

Sent, Ive just had a call from bt to say that i must wait another month before they can cancel my broadband account with them, which should have ended this month.
Im told any charges in next bill will be refunded back to july, i paid an outstanding bill yesterday for £11.78 which i was lead to belive was the final bill amount, i paid it only to be told before that it was not the final bill.
Ive now cancelled my direct debit setup with them as its becoming a joke.
Win 10
i7 7700k
GTX 970
Community Veteran

BT cottoned on to the fact years ago that they can screw people over and there is virtually no-one to care about it other than Ofcom who only get involved in the really serious stuff.
As long as BT keep it below Ofcoms radar, they can get away with anything.
JamesM
Grafter

I feel for you Ste,
When I came back from Australia, I lokked after my Grandma, and I was using BT dial up at my Grandmas for Internet, I got a bill for about £600. (My Grandma was on direct debit so the money came straight out) I asked for an itemised bill and when it came the internet calls were about 30 a minute @ 5p each. I phoned them and said it was physically imposible to dial the number this many times in a minute (you know with the old ding ding ding ding dong dong dong dong sound it used to make). Anyway they wouldn't refund but said they will take it off the next bills. I phoned up and gave them a right bol**k**g and finally got the refund.
This is the reason why I don't have direct debit (apart from PN because I have no choice)
Anyway mate, stick with it and write letters so you have proof of cancelling rather than making phone calls, because these people are ********
St3
All Star

I would like to write to someone at BT about the whole 19 months of problems ... But who do i write to? Who would really look at my letter? Would my letter be accidently pushed off a desk into a bin ?
Win 10
i7 7700k
GTX 970
St3
All Star

ive had my rant can a mod please lock this topic, but dont delete it please incase i need to refer to it.
Win 10
i7 7700k
GTX 970
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

Locked at OP's request
if anyone wishes to carry on moaning about BT can they start a new thread