cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ikea

Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Re: Ikea

Well where I live, we have two really. One at Lakeside, which means crossing the tunnel and bridge - now I am being pedantic, it is using the A282 not the M25, as the M25 changes to the A282 before to allow non motorway traffic to use it and after back to the M25 after. To make it sound like the Congestion Charge (and not actually being a tax, though it is) you now have to either create an account and pre-load money on a "Dart Charge", account. So create an account and pay (for nothing) on the day for nothing to happen to you. Whilst they hold your money in advance until you use it again. Nice bit of interest.

Bit like an Oyster card really which I hate using, but living in London I have no choice.

There is a new one in Greenwich which I haven't been to, which is not that far from me. I perfer the Lakeside one as the Costco is nearby. I like Costco and my sister likes Ikea so we'd come back over the bridge with a full boot put it that way after being to both places. 😁 

Community Veteran

Well there is definitely one, I used to go to that one as my friends used to fly helicopters across the field there, and before anyone says anything "Yes, it was allowed in a certain area". Sure that was the Purley way one by Costco, which got me interested in the first place and I managed to convience Costco I was eligable for membership. 😀

Reminds me I might go to a London one friday and get my membership renewed and I should be able to get trade membership now as I have a VAT registered company.

Once thing that should be a legal requirement when you go there is for £9 get an AC to a four port USB charge plug. Brilliant for anything you need to charge via USB.

RobPN
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 5

@Champnet wrote:

Went to Ikea once, on the Purley Way.  Got lost inside the shop !.

Fortunately you weren't lost inside long enough to find yourself at the Pearly Gates.  Cheesy

Community Veteran

Have to create a new post to explain I wasn't talking to myself. I am sure I was replying to another post in this thread which disappeared so I tried to edit my last post (no delete option of course) - tried to edit my own post and was told that (after 2 minutes) it was two long. What is the post edit timeout limit? If it can be increased from a yoctosecond that it might help.

At least the spell checker is back. By the way yoctosecond needs adding to it. Also when Lithium manages to screw the formatting up (as of most of the time), it would be helpful to be able to see more than two lines of text.

Sorry, rant over.

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

@Alex 

Not a doppelgänger then? 😋

Community Veteran

Nah doubt it, it would take some work to beat me at moaning. 😁

RobPN