Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ikea - No escape apparently...

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Ikea - No escape apparently...

The newest Ikea store in the country apparently has a badly designed carpark:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-berkshire-36782534

Makes me glad there's a bus stop next to the local Ikea (that and it's car park is outdoors rather than multi-storey)... Grin

Does make me wonder though how many of those drivers actually passed their driving test, as Rule 112 of the highway code states:

The horn. Use only while your vehicle is moving and you need to warn other road users of your presence. Never sound your horn aggressively. You MUST NOT use your horn

• while stationary on the road
  • when driving in a built-up area between the hours of 11.30 pm and 7.00 am
except when another road user poses a danger.

Don't think anyone was in danger in that car park, and they were all parked on a road, and the horn blasting in the video sounded aggressive to me!! Time to start a pay-as-you-honk scheme, the more you beep, the more the taxman takes your money... Grin

4 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Re: Ikea - No escape apparently...

I Keep well away from places like that, I guess the link shown is just one example but similar situations occur in other places. 

The Trafford shopping centre near Manchester has had similar problems usually around Christmas and with the state of the roads, and the increasing volume of traffic along with the increasing number of coned of road works more examples will occur.

Anyone wanting a tip for shares ? Consider investing in the company that makes traffic cones, they must be making a fortune.

Wink

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Personally I think Ikea have done a marevellous job in reducing their car park exit times to just four hours.

The desire to shop in an Ikea should be treated as a medical emergency.

Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Is that car park.."pay and display".  ? ? ?  "pay on exit! " ? ? ?

The carpark at our A&E hospital is... and 4 hours is the usual waiting time to be "processed"... but you don`t get free bottles of water !

Luzern
Pro
Fixes: 2

The CastlePoint centre on the outskirts of Bournemouth can get like that, especially in the Season, the problem being that the agress is on to a busy road with commuters travelling in both directions, and traffic generated from the Tesco Superstore and Hospital about a mile away. Add that any accident on the spur road to Ringwood and Southampton, even five or so miles away and Evil

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.