cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If you are considering leaving Plusnet, check this

Sebtomato
Grafter

If you are considering leaving Plusnet, check this

BT infinity fibre deal (40/10) has now improved!
£10 a month (12 month contract only)
-£150 cashback (Quidco, TCB slighly lower)
-£50 Sainsbury voucher
+£42 installation/router delivery
= minus £38 for the year!
Line rental saver: equivalent of £15.25 per month when paid in advance for the year
Total per month (including telephone line): £12!
Support will be a lot worse than Plusnet, beware! BT helpdesk is horrible, based in India.
However, router (with integrated modem) is much better, and deal includes BT Wifi/FON access worldwide
65 REPLIES
sjptd
Grafter

Re: If you are considering leaving Plusnet, check this

Warning, £12.50 per month for unlimited, £10 gives a very small 20GB.  Still a very tempting deal.  The £12.50 is only for another few hours.
One thing I like about it is that the 'special' price on broadband lasts for the whole contract, as opposed to so many deals that have a very low 'special' price for a few months on a much longer contract.
Doesn't make any difference if you calculate for life of the contract (as you have), but still good to see some slightly more straightforward advertising than usual.
launton
Grafter

Top one is unlimited and ends today
http://www.uswitch.com/broadband/products/bt_infinity/
g1000
Grafter

Quote from: sjptd
Warning, £12.50 per month for unlimited, £10 gives a very small 20GB.   Still a very tempting deal.

No, the deal is correct, you go through to a different order page via Quidco or Topcashback (and most referral sites I think).
Getting paid £38 for 12 months unlimited fibre 40/10, can't be bad! good shout Sebtomato  Smiley
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

I won't be moving - yet - as I have too long an LRS period left but I won't be renewing it and may move when the next price hike happens
Razorback
Grafter

Quote from: Sebtomato

Support will be a lot worse than Plusnet, beware! BT helpdesk is horrible, based in India.

Having been with BT previously that is the one thing that is making me hesitate moving back. BT Support is really poor and  painful to use,  PlusNet's support is my opinion is much better despite its shortcomings.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Looking at some of the posts under the ASDL/FIBRE topics it might be more accurate to say PN support was the best, I doubt you will find many users who would claim it's as good as it once was.
I feel sorry for those at PN who have to deal with irate customers for faults which they are not personally responsible for.
Seems strange PN are increasing costs and reducing services for existing customers and ignore many posts that indicate existing customers will leave at the end of their contract or leave as a result of a change in their contract.
g1000
Grafter

I am a customer of both Plusnet and BT.
I am very satisfied with the support I get from BT, the same can't be said for Plusnet. I also have to contact Plusnet many more times in the first place due to broken systems or problems.
Razorback
Grafter

When I was a customer of both I had the opposite experience. Only by submitting formal complaints did anything get resolved with BT.. Horses for courses I guess.
Sebtomato
Grafter

Warning, £12.50 per month for unlimited, £10 gives a very small 20GB.   Still a very tempting deal.  The £12.50 is only for another few hours.

No, unlimited data for £10 a month...

One thing I like about it is that the 'special' price on broadband lasts for the whole contract, as opposed to so many deals that have a very low 'special' price for a few months on a much longer contract..

Indeed. Also, an issue with Plusnet is that their broadband contracts are for 18 months, but line rental saver is for 12 months, so they get out of sync quickly.
Sebtomato
Grafter

I have received my BT Home Hub 5 today (as my migration to BT is on due on Monday), and it's a very good router.
I did some speed tests (connecting the router to the telephone line directly, and using my Plusnet credentials for now), and I am getting a better up/down speed than with the OpenReach/Plusnet Router.
I do like the fact that the modem is integrated to the router, so less heat and less power being used.
All4One
Grafter

Surely BT can provide these crazy deals though. PN has what, 1 million customers? and BT close to 9million?
Sebtomato
Grafter

BT is surely very aggresive currently, they must have some targets to meet when it comes to FTTC.
The deals are expiring each week, but getting better the following one.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

they need to pay for all the football contracts somehow.
sjptd
Grafter

As others have pointed out, my comment about £12.50 rather than £10 for unlimited, applies to the regular BT page, but not to the cashback page (at least from Quidco)., which is showinbg £10 unlimited.
Also, the regular BT £12.50 offer ends in 5 hours, but there are still 4 days left on the £10offer on the Quidco/BT page.  (the Quidco part itself is only 2 days, confusing)
Anyway, gives me (and others) a couple more days of thinking time.