Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If only PN followed TalkTalk lead ...

Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 3

If only PN followed TalkTalk lead ...

Never thought i would every be saying something like that , but compliments where compliments are due  Smiley Grin
See link:
http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2014/01/talktalk-becomes-first-big-uk-isp-offer-free-privacy-ca...
Regards
Mike
Mike
8 REPLIES
TORPC
Grafter

Re: If only PN followed TalkTalk lead ...

It seems they are going to some lengths to try an gain more customers
They will still cost more than PN by approx £17 per month £204 per year
However that does not say if they will be improving their C&S via the dogn bone or their forums
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 3

Their cheaper as far as i can see , ( i would never recommend them tho)
The point of my post if one of can do it, hopefully PN could do something similar ( although i don't think they would)
I think for a lot of people having  Anonymous Caller Reject, and Last Caller Barring for free could be a deciding factor when choosing ( apart from the obvious reasons)
Regards
Mike

Mike
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

from TalkTalk
Sorry, we are unable to offer you this service
nanotm
Pro

not if they also force customers to use AOHELL browser.......talk talk is a completely garbage ISP just because they offer gimmicks on top of stupidly cheap prices then subject the customer to unfair usage policies and hike the prices and on top of that they force you to use there unsecure by design router that your unable to customise in any way and a whole host of other nastiness
no thank you I'd rather have the company and the service we have now
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
RichAllen
Grafter

I have a Talk Talk Land line, because the call charges are about a third of the price of BT as is the line rental, they keep ringing me up and sending letters asking me to upgrade to their Broadband, and I shred the letters and refuse the calls for 2 reasons, 1 I am 4 months into a 12 month contract with Plusnet, and 2 even if I wasn't, I still wouldn't touch TT with a 10 foot bargepole because they use foreign call centres.
Community Veteran

Don't Stalk Stalk still track, and visit, every website you do "for your own protection"?
Not so hot on the privacy record there ...
F9 member since 4 Sep 1999
F9 ADSL customer since 27 Aug 2004
DLM manages your line the same way DRM manages your rights.
Look at all the pretty graphs! (now with uptime logging!)
TORPC
Grafter

I was in my next nearest town this morning with a friend, and was approached by a StalkStalk tout and I told the not so british guy that I had not long left StalkStalk as they kept upping the monthly contract fee to suit them, he said am I sure it wasnt Sky, VM, or BT I said I can show you the bills if you like as I know who my supplier used to be and am now being saved £17+ per month for the nearest package with my new supplier,
he said we can save you more if you want, I told him no he couldn't as retentions would not give me a penny less than what I was paying until I paid the year up front, then they were only prepared to knock off the maximum of £1.
There were 3 people that was signing up and walked away Roll eyes
digitalham
Rising Star

When I was with VM I binned their phone line and took Vonage VOIP which has caller id, unidentified caller block, etc. all built in. I decided to continue with them when I moved to PlusNet FTTC as apart from having to pay a small per minute charge on 0845 / 0870 their service works out cheaper plus those 0845/0870 calls can often be avoided by using geographic numbers from SayNoTo0870.