Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If it sounds to good to be true......

Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

If it sounds to good to be true......

....it probably is, and Labour leaked manifesto are just an deliverable pie in the sky promises. Another time and another place maybe, but with Corbyn at the helm it ain't gonna happen comrades. 

Nationalisation of the Railways? In our dreams. 

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
11 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: If it sounds to good to be true......

Too good to be true? Like this, you mean?

IMG_0253.JPG

Minivanman
Hero

Yep, just like that! Cool smiley

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

they all the same MP,s feed us drivel so they get us to vote ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

all to fill their own pockets they don't give a damn about the people  they are all old mugwumps Buck2

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Looks like the Labour Manifesto has been leaked, strikes me it's full of holes..

Scrapping university fees, taking the railways and several other companies into public ownership....the list goes on.

Just one question, where is the money coming from for all these great ideas?

I suspect any money raised would be spent on Unions insisting that low paid workers got immediate pay rises or strikes would take place.

Seems we have been here before, history repeating itself.

Minivanman
Hero

Well the money will come from the haves and not the have not's.

Simple really when you consider the inequality that abounds in this nation of ours but it's unlikely to happen because those same 'haves' are as is often the case the movers and shakers who readily blame others for their failures rather than share their ability and success.

Scrapping University fees? Great idea as higher education should be free, fair, and attainable for all. Railways and other essential services into public ownership? Absolutely, the essentials of life should not be subject to profit for the few, period. Low paid workers given a pay rise? Again absolutely unless you think mega banker bonus and executive pay through the roof is the epitome of a good society.

We can agree I suspect that it ain't going to happen whatever marvellous manifesto is put forward as Brexit needs a strong government and Labour for all it's noble ideals and it's clarion call for the populist vote is not able to provide it.

Blair might have hijacked and tainted Labour, but Corbyn is not the man to put it back on track unblemished.

Fixes: 125

Moderator's note:
Topics merged.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Sounds like a publicity stunt to me, they "accidently" get a document leaked and all it mentions is tax decreases, not rises. It doesn't for example mention any increase in VAT, Petrol duty, Income Tax, National Insurance, Stamp Duty and you can name the rest here:

https://www.gov.uk/topic/business-tax
Jonpe
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 2

A pay rise for the lower paid is a great idea but how does one decide what constitutes lower paid?  Then the slightly higher paid will demand a pay rise in order to 'maintain differentials', and so on up the chain.

I wonder if MPs will get a massive pay rise as soon as the election is over.

Minivanman
Hero

Nothing wrong with differentials as skill, education and ability should be taken into account but it's the ratio between the two that is often quite obscene. How on earth can one man be paid say a hundred times more or a hundred times less than another. Is the value of that person really so much greater or indeed justifiable. I think not.

George Orwell I'm sure it was in his essay England Your England thought a ratio of 10:1 made far more sense than 100:1 and the gaps appear not because of those skills but because of self perception and greed. Is a rubbish collector on our streets less of man than some of the rubbish spouters and shouters in Parliament? Again, I think not.

Corbyn and his politics are right on so many things but we would be wrong to think they will get him elected - and what sort of rotten society does that make. 

Community Veteran

"How on earth can one man be paid say a hundred times more or a hundred times less than another. Is the value of that person really so much greater or indeed justifiable"

No, it's not justifiable, but the higher up the food chain you get the more control you have over your own pay. Middle management get good pay rise because it is granted to them by upper management, who see this as a way of awarding themselves a pay rise via the differential system. 

Old saying..."Scum always rises to the to of the broth".

Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

gleneagles wrote:

Just one question, where is the money coming from for all these great ideas?

The profits the private companies would have made if the services remained private. 

If they hadn't sold off the services they could have had all the money the private companies currently make. If they're bought back, you don't expect the prices to suddenly drop back to nationalisation pricing do you?

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!