cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If Wòmen ruled the world

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

If Wòmen ruled the world

If every senior government post in the world was held by women would the world be a better place ?

By better I mean less wars and more focus on families and greater awareness of other peoples feelings.

Or is that just a myth and we would be no better or even worse off ?

Careful how you reply, assuming you dare, in case someone is looking over your shoulder.

Wink

11 REPLIES
Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

Re: If Wòmen ruled the world

It would be no better and no worse, Thatcher saw to that - never trust a woman who smokes a cigar. Wink

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Fixes: 47

During my time as a roadie I saw quite a few cat-fights and there were no rules with anything being used as a weapon.

I can imagine any small disagreement escalating into an all out war where Geneva Convention rules do not apply.. 

Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Pete11
Pro
Fixes: 3

(Hides wifey's cigars and checks over shoulder before replying),

It would be a bit nasty if during a chat about world war 3 over a cuppa and 2 turned up wearing identical dresses.

A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance.
Growing old is inevitable...But growing up is optional.
Minivanman
Hero

@gleneagles

Strange you should post this topic today as I've just been reading this on the BBC news site.

"What would happen if women had the power to cause pain and destruction? Do we really believe that women are naturally peaceful and nurturing? How much of gender is in our expectations of violence?"

Spooky Smiley

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Community Veteran

Historically speaking, matriarchal societies have been just as brutal as patriarchal societies, if not worse, doesn't matter what the gender is, get a nutjob in charge and they'll ruin peoples' lives in a short time...

bjallenby
Aspiring Pro

Women are just as capable of as much evil as men. Positions of power and authority have a tendency to attract psychopaths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychopathy_in_the_workplace

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychopathy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychopathy#Sociopathy

https://welldoing.org/article/how-to-spot-sociopath-women

From 1985 to 2006, 15% of all suicide bombings were committed by women. It's also not uncommon for women to groom their children to become "martyrs" and encourage their men to become so as well. I remember seeing a documentary on it once, but I can't remember the name for the life of me.

Of course there's all the documented cases of female serial killers throughout history. A large number of them focused on murdering children or people who they were supposed to be caring for. Beverley Allitt, Myra Hindley, Rosemary West, Nannie Doss, Aileen Wuornos, Juana Barraza, Jane Toppan, Miyuki Ishikawa, Dagmar Overbye, Amy Archer-Gilligan, Mary Ann Cotton, Kristen Gilbert, Marybeth Tinning, Elizabeth Bathory, Leonarda Ciancuilli, Belle Gunness, Darya Nikolayevna Saltykova, Delphine LaLaurie, Janie Lou Gibbs, Marie Fikackova, Vera Renczi, Francisca Ballesteros, Catherine Birnie, Genene Jones, Lavinia Fisher, Dorothea Puente, Gwendolyn Graham, Elfriede Blauensteiner, Kathleen Folbigg, Junko Ogata, Amelia Sach, Annie Walters, Gesche Gottfried, Amelia Dyer, Jeanne Webber, Waneta Hoyt, Marianne Nolle, Rhonda Belle Martin, Marie Noe, the Lainz Angels of Death, Christine Malevre, Bertha Gifford, Charlene Gallego... you get the point.

Community Veteran

The gentle sex - angel - it's just a myth of the silver screen.

The only good thing is you'll be so distracted by the pretty face you won't see the knife heading for your back until it's too late.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Women in power are just as dangerous as men. They're just as greedy and power hungry - just look at Amber Rudd!

They can be incredibly bitchy.. blokes.. well they'll have a punch up and then thats done and dusted. Women will drag it out for years as any ex husband of one will tell you lol.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Minivanman
Hero

@bjallenby

You forgot to include Boudicca Roll eyes

Pete11
Pro

You also forgot Helen of Troy

A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance.
Growing old is inevitable...But growing up is optional.
Fixes: 125

You mean they don't already Cheesy

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still