cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If I win the lottery

Community Veteran
Fixes: 21

If I win the lottery

I've promised to buy James_G a pint if I win the lottery, I told James Bailey I couldn't afford him
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,74642.msg600851.html#msg600851
You could PM jameseh to find out why, but the real question is should I buy Mr.Voller a pint if I win?
Discuss.
8 REPLIES
scootie
Grafter

Re: If I win the lottery

buy mr voller  a couple keg's it might give him the confidence to tell BT where to stick there big ideas
Euge
Grafter

Laws of the pub state that if involved in a round of drinks i.e. having been bought a drink by another individual, the favour should be returned else you never get invited out again and likely put on pub watch.
So only if he buys you one after  Cheesy
Lurker
Grafter

Or before (although this seems to be the approach of most people when you get to the bar - its rare that people want to go first!)
Perhaps I'm just a mug!
Euge
Grafter

Some people need the toilet very often, come round buying time.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 21

Are you taking the piss  Grin
Lurker
Grafter

Tragically I have found myself drawn into this lamentable category of late.
Its the sorry way if three of you play golf together; inevitably the winner has to buy the first round (not me yet this year sadly), and then somebody else has to buy the next one.
Since I'm the only member of the golf club, the other two chaps get a reduction on their fees when they join me for a round, so the other chap generally tries to get the second round in.
Because we are all in our cars though, two pints of shandy is enough, and we head home, without me having bought a round.
Economically you might say they aren't losing out, but in a practical sense it does feel a little carp. But then, if the buggers will keep beating me at golf, perhaps its their own fault...
Strange they never seem surprised when it takes me 20 shots to complete the last par4...
Grin
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Quote from: Euge
Some people need the toilet very often, come round buying time.

Have they got one in your local
will be close by on 2nd April
Euge
Grafter

The toilet is the biggest part of the Nutshell! Although I never use it, I think 3 timers I've been in.