cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If I had enough money...

Fixes: 125

If I had enough money...

...I would like to travel and visit every European capital city to enjoy their culture and meet the people as well as sight-see.
What would you like to do if you had enough money? I'm not talking a large lottery win where you could afford a mansion and the upkeep but rather just enough to fulfil a dream.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

9 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: If I had enough money...

For me, it would be travel, travel, travel!  Grin Grin Grin
I just love visiting new places and making little discoveries. Smiley
It wouldn't matter much where it is - Europe, Americas, Asia etc. I love to meet the local people and eat local food and experience the place as the locals do.
Geoff,
York.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Buy up an old disused railway track bed. and put it back into service with "proper" steam engines.  
We have one that used to run from Gosport to Fareham..... there was the option to re-instate it, but the local council(s) decided it would be better used as a "guided" bus route.... to ease traffic congestion.... hasn`t made any difference as far as I can see... would be a great tourist line...( similar to Swanage Railway )... and a "proper" link to the rest of the U.K. Rail network....
TORPC
Grafter

Would be the same for me, to travel, travel, travel!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

I used to fly a lot on business to Europe, Middle East,Africa, USA and the old USSR.  All I can say to loads of travel is to buy a good book so you have something to do when waiting at an airport. Travel by itself tend to be boring.  If I had a lot of money I'd spend lots of time developing methods to give away the money to other people in creative ways that would enhance their lives.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran

Like most others on here I would certainly do a lot of travel. Would love to see more of the world Smiley
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

I Would buy you all a drink !
Of course you would have to travel to my local for it !
Never let anyone call me tight.  Smiley
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Quote from: shutter
Buy up an old disused railway track bed. and put it back into service with "proper" steam engines.  ..

3rd rail are proper trains too you know.. although admittedly I do hold diesel in contempt.
As for me, stuff the culture thing mav, I love gadgets, gizmos, boys toys etc. Three guesses what I'd end up spending my money on  Crazy
I also enjoy animals so I'd support a few animal welfare charities - the smaller ones not the large ones that run like a business.
I'm not opposed to travelling but it's been so stressful in the past that I find myself not really being very enthusiastic about it.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Fixes: 47

Quote from: artmo
Would love to see more of the world Smiley

Same here but from a different viewpoint http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Space_Station
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

ISS 
+1