Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idiot motorcyclists who was lucky to only get a broken leg

Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

Idiot motorcyclists who was lucky to only get a broken leg

And it was his dashcam

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/15456402.WATCH__Motorcyclist_crashes_after_driving_dangerously...

Note that where he was weaving in out out of the traffic was a 30mph then 50mph limit

5 REPLIES
Fixes: 121

Re: Idiot motorcyclists who was lucky to only get a broken leg

It seems that a lot of motorists got out of his way which probably added to his recklessness and feeling of invincibility.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Reminds of the people who post clips on YouTube of them braking the speed limit, bragging. Then wonder why they get prosecuted - well it's not like the courts don't have to try too hard to get evidence.

It can work the other way, I have seen people in London using small USB cameras - think they're called GoPro's. So if an accident happens you have edivence to show you're not to blame. (I guess if you were, you pretend you did have any footage Tongue)

bjallenby
Aspiring Pro

Not uncommon for riders to overestimate their abilities. I live near one of the main road racing circuits in Northern Ireland, so during the summer you get every Tom, Dick and Harry that considers themselves a road going version of Rossi coming out and trying to get their knee down. There's usually someone ends up in intensive care or dead in the lead up to, or after race days / weeks.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

I know filtering is legal in this country (where you can take advantage of gaps in traffic to get out of the way of cars), but what that guy was doing, jeez, I hope they got a ban for dangerous riding, that's just insanely dumb...

Community Veteran
Fixes: 26

That was not filtering, the guy was an accident waiting to happen, and it was not surprising the accident happened. The roads are local to me, and although I too ride a bike, that guy/girl I suspect still has not learnt some basic physics - cars and trucks are bigger than bikes and hurt when you try and brush them out of the way!

I moved hear nearly 30 years ago, and very quickly learned that drivers down this way don't always follow expectations, after all they may have been going from A to B well before these new fangled roundabouts or dual carriageways existed, and always use both lanes, or never indicate 'cos they always go the same way and people should know that by now!