cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(Ian Tomlinson) PC facing Manslaughter charges

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

(Ian Tomlinson) PC facing Manslaughter charges

EDIT: Just realised the 'What?' topic is covering this.
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/pc-manslaughter-charge-over-g20-protest-death-103030913.html
G20 policeman PC Simon Harwood is to be prosecuted for the alleged manslaughter of newspaper seller Ian Tomlinson.
The announcement reverses a decision taken by prosecutors last summer.
It follows a review of the case three weeks after an inquest jury heard new medical evidence and agreed that 47-year-old Mr Tomlinson had been unlawfully killed.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
12 REPLIES
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Re: (Ian Tomlinson) PC facing Manslaughter charges

Wouldn't worry about It mate, I start threads for someone to chirp up saying that Its already getting discussed somewhere else In disguise  Grin
Community Veteran

about time.  the police need to understand that they too are accountable for their actions.  that officer's behaviour was unconscionable and his evidence asserting that ian tomlinson looked like he was up for a fight contradicted everything visible to all in the video of the incident.  
Community Veteran

And we all complain about big brother! It can at times be a benefit on these rare occasions. I don't know why anybody is shocked that the police lie about things, I would say it's common practice at the best of times.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

I'm not shocked about the police and their cover ups, Cant cover up this though!!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

I've known of fuzzes that lie too yet because they're in a position of power they're automatically trusted to be speaking the truth. I've known a lot of serving plods and ex plods and not one of them obeys the speed limits yet they're the first to preach it to others.
For some reason the police seem to be recruiting power hungry aggressors these days and then they wonder why no-one has much respect for them.
Anyone remember that story from a while back... some plod pulled over a random guy and nicked him and made up a load of tripe against him.. to be disproven by the recording of the whole thing on the victims mobile?
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Don't remember that one, You do get some nice cops as I have met a few really good cops and Its the bad cops that give the police their bad name.
VileReynard
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 9

About time - hope he gets a long prison sentence.

Community Veteran

Seems to me that old skool coppers have a bit more of a common sense approach to policing. A lot of the younger ones appear to chase folk to the end of the earth for the most trivial of matters. I had cause to have to bail my nephew from the local nick because his dad was away working and the needed a ahem cough cough responsible adult  Roll eyes Turns out someone had broken a fence panel while taking a short cut across someone's garden. No one there would say who it was because there was a few kids involved which is fair play, didn't we always get told as kids not to tell tales  Smiley Even though all the adults offered to chip in for the panel and the kids to apologise to the owner they still wanted to do someone until they eventually pulled out a video from cctv from a shop across the road and got their man. The video turned out to be a bluff but the kid had already fell for it and put their hands up.
The same Police station has just had two officers dismissed for testing positive for cocaine and another suspended while under enquiry. What's it say on the van, give respect get respect!
I could mention lots of other issues that don't seem to have come to light after an enquiry into some shootings this time last year but the post will probably get shut down  Lips are sealed  Wink
Steve
Seasoned Pro

@AverageWhiteBloke There Is a lot of people snorting that stuff, I watched a programme a while back about just where some of that stuff was being snorted, And who and where, Was actually quite shocking!! House of parliament was one.
Community Veteran

That's a different type of cocaine though Steve, if you can afford it and have no reason to take it then it's acceptable in more circle than we can imagine. It's only when the people who can't afford it and need some way of cheering up their miserable existence take it that it becomes a problem. The difference between being a bit wild and cool and being a scum bag druggie all depends on the amount of brass they have.
Fixes: 125

Quote from: AverageWhiteBloke
The difference between being a bit wild and cool and being a scum bag druggie all depends on the amount of brass they have.

Wild & cool and drugs of any kind don't go together in my book.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran

It's individual people's perception Mav, how many TV personalities, musicians and premiership footballers and managed to keep themselves in the lime light and at times formed a career from being wrecked on one thing or another. For some reason the media have taken peoples addiction and made the person more interesting than they already were.
Not saying it's either wild or cool it's a life long argument that will never end. Is the person who gets wasted on designer drugs at an exclusive club at the weekend any different from someone sat in the house drinking black cans and prescription drugs? Both have a hole they need to fill for some reason but ultimately they're going about it in the same manner by escaping the reality of life not being what they expected.
Steve pointed out about drug use in parliament, I know about it being used in my local nick. It has no boundaries, whether or not it's cool is up to the individual.